Clear - 63* -> 15* in a month?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hdugger View Post
    Only fusing part of a double major curve just seems like negligence, to me. In the case that I'm aware of, bending xrays weren't even done so flexibility didn't play into it.
    I can think of two cases from this group and two from another group where it either the kid seemed to have a double major (based only on the stated T and L curves). One of those cases is an adult and it could possibly have been they just or they didn't go down low enough on a T curve.

In two cases there was a post op trunk shift left and at least one of the kids when into a brace post op to try to stabilize that. Maybe both kids did. I hope they report back... that would be good if that works. The other two people have a boatload on damage to the lumbar, one in a few short years, seemingly from not fusing the lower curve also but maybe due to bad balance in one or more planes.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

• Two more videos of the non-structural scoliosis case

http://www.youtube.com/user/janzenandjanzen

Apparently, the chiros are dabbling in neurology now. And there is still no admission that they understand this is not structural.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• I'm getting something about tennis elbow at that link.

Comment

• Sorry. You have to select the two newest videos added at the top right.

Not sure why the general link goes to the tennis elbow video.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• Another video

http://www.youtube.com/user/janzenan.../2/dyNrxq-PKmQ

She seems to deliberately drop her left shoulder when she bends forward. And then to flatten her back she just brings it level with the right shoulder. They didn't really get this on the video so I'm just guessing from what can be seen.

And still no admission that the chiros understand this is an exquisitely rare non-structural scoliosis. If I were that kid's mother, and knowing about the other seemingly similar case that straightened upon being anesthetized, I would bring my kid to a surgeon to be put under to see if that would work. No need for endless exercising (and endless payments).

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
            X