Day 2 Post Op Questions? Normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back in surgery.....

just an update,dairrien is back in surgery as of 20 minutes ago..they needed to go in and remove and irrigate the accesss fluid and blood that was accumulating in the spine..so waiting another 3 hours or so...They are putting in a sponge vac which will suction up all the fluid in there post op...
    I am praying all goes well....

Comment

Oh poor Dairrien! No wonder he was in such pain! My thoughts and prayers are with you and Dairrien.

Mary Lou
      Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

I too am sorry for you both, and hope that this will fix it all and the terrible pain he was in. Your in my thoughts.

Dee
        Dee - Mother of two daughters, both with scoliosis KateScoliKid (16yo) 52* Lumbar curve
        Fusion Surgery 2/9/10 T-11->L-3 @CHKD Norfolk VA
        Jes (20yo) T 3 -> L 3 w/ Kyphosis

Comment

So sorry to hear this! Does his surgeon think this might have been responsible for his severe pain? I do hope this is the end of the setbacks and he can get on with his recovery now. It's certainly been a trial for you both. Sending best wishes to Dairrien.
          Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
          Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
          T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
          Osteotomies and Laminectomies
          Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Hi Dairriens Mom
            so sorry to hear this...but i hope it will take care of the problem & maybe what was causing all that excruciating pain to begin with!...i sure hope they watch him more carefully after this surgery! you will know what to look for & how to demand they take proper care of him!
            i said before, no one recovering from surgery should scream with pain, let alone a little child!!

thoughts & prayers go out for you both....for a smooth healing process....& for Dairrien to feel a little better each day!

jess

Comment

Oooh,
              So sorry for Dairrien and you! Surely the worst is over. I pray for your peace and resillience during this difficult time. Everything is going to be fine soon.
              Karen

Comment

I just saw your post, it's several days later now and I pray all is well, that Darrien is feeling much better now. I'm so sorry Darrien - and you - had to go through this. Wishing you strength.

Barbara

Comment

I am sorry to hear of Darrien's pain and the need to go back into surgery.

How is he doing now? Please let us know when you can.

You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Working...
                  X