No announcement yet.

Heart Murmur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dilated aortic root--that was the other thing I had. They keep an eye on it but the size was such that it wasn't a big concern. Janet
    Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
    Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
    Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
    Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
    T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

hey

hey mixasu,

i think u said you had surgery on the 4rth or the 5th. I will say prayers for you and i hope all goes well. hope to hear how you are doing soon, and i will be post op in 2 days as well .woohoo
      -Bethany
      pre-op L 74*
      pre-op Th 56*
      surgery scheduled for jan. 6th 2010
      getting nervous

Comment

Hmmm seems scoliosis and heart problems go hand in hand. After surgery I was having an very high heart rate. Resting I was over 110 and when I got up to walk it would jump to 150ish. They had me do an echo and they said everything is looking fine, but for a 19 year old my heart isn't pumping as hard as it should be. I guess they said minor cardiomyopathy because that also makes the high heart rate. If my heart doesn't pump hard enough it pumps faster to make up for it and that is why it seems like I have tachycardia or w.e and I had to go to a cardiologist and he said he wants to add a monitor on my heart. Maybe give me beta blockers too down the road. I just hope to become an energetic teen again because lately I don't feel like I have energy to do anything. I'm always tired.

Anyways GL with your surgery and keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
        X