No announcement yet.

I'm new - just had surgery on 10th December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reading all these positive posts make the surgery sound not quite so threatening. Who knows I may get the nerve up to schedule eventually. I have joined a gym and plan to work toward getting my body in as good shape as possible.
    Glenda
    Age 66 Georgia (63 at time of surgery)
    Bi-lateral laminectomy 2006
    Kyphoscoliosis, approx 38* lumbar scoliosis, stenosis, disk herniations, lower back and hip pain, w/radiating pain, stinging and numbness in legs.
    A/P fusion (T10-S2) 5/17/10 and 5/20/10
    Dr Yoon, Emory Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital, Atlanta, GA
    Pleased with outcome

Comment

Go for it GMW. You'll be very glad in the end that you did. Although, now that I found out my date might be moving up scarey thoughts are flooding my head! I'm in so much pain I just cannot fathom waiting until July - I am very hopeful I get my date moved up.
      Rita Thompson
      Age 46
      Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
      Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
      Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
      Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Go for it! I am so so so much happier now and I'm still under loads of restrictions! I feel really confident and the pain isn't an issue most of the time, and the thing which has been hanging over me since adolescence has gone!!!!! The surgery was not that bad at all, although I had a very straightforward curve, so the risks were minimal. Surgery is soooo worth it!
        22 years old
        Diagnosed at 15 with scoliosis.
        Surgery 10th December 2009 with Mr Alex Gibson at the RNOH Stanmore in London.

Comment

Dear Hamlett - That is good to hear. I hear all these people say surgery is well worth it. I hope so. I think as my date might get moved up now I seem to be getting a little, uh = SCARED shall we say?
          Rita Thompson
          Age 46
          Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
          Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
          Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
          Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Working...
          X