Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dingo View Post
    PNUTTRO

I chat with a few different researchers in the field of Scoliosis. You don't write like a scientist. You don't work in the scientific community do you?
    Stunning.

1,000 apologies to hdugger.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

substance

hdugger

You're discussing the substance of the finding.
      I don't think anybody is discussing the substance of those Calmodulin studies. However, PNUTTRO is posting some very "interesting" scientific hypothesis.

1 disease = 1 protein

No more, no less.

When a "scientist" posts a hypothesis like that my radar goes up.

Comment

Quite OK - new page
        Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
        Stunning.

1,000 apologies to hdugger.

Comment

It's close enough for me - as long as we're still talking science of some kind, it doesn't enter into the "comment" count. At least, in the way I'm tallying.
          I don't think anybody is discussing the substance of those Calmodulin studies. However, PNUTTRO is posting some very "interesting" scientific hypothesis.

Comment

I chat with a few different researchers in the field of Scoliosis. You don't write like a scientist. You don't work in the scientific community do you?
            I guess I am not your ordinary scientist. I sent you a PM of my credentials even though it will still not garner any respect from you--hence the scripture reference.

Comment

Que?

PNUTTRO

Forget everything else.

Where did you get the idea that each disease has 1 protein involved?

Do you understand that Calmodulin, Osteopontin and perhaps a dozen other proteins might be involved in Scoliosis?
              Last edited by Dingo; 12-14-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

O.M.G.

Dingo,

It's been said before what P does, you just don't ever seem to listen. You're going to feel pretty foolish when (if) it dawns on you.

And I'm still laughing at Sharon's question about how *you're* credentialed to review someone else's credentials!
                Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
                AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
                Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
                Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                EMAIL ME

Comment

Forget everything else.

Where did you get the idea that each disease has 1 protein involved?

You understand that Calmodulin, Osteopontin and perhaps dozens of other proteins might be involved in Scoliosis?
                  I think it has been me telling you for months that everything is WAY more complicated than you make it out to be.

I didn't say one disease=one protein, that was your interpretation of my response. I was simply stating that if a treatment works, why is there a need to develop a new one. You cited cancer and heart disease. These are NOT single protein problems, these are generic names for a variety of health problems. In fact, each cancer is unique to every individual.

. . .but forget everything else that doesn't fit into your idea of the world, please.

Comment

trying to be polite here

PNUTTRO

I was simply stating that if a treatment works, why is there a need to develop a new one.
                    I'm trying to be polite here but it's those kinds of "questionable" theories that turn my radar on. You realize that some people like Ibuprofin and others like Aspirin?

In fact, each cancer is unique to every individual.
                    Wouldn't that be true for all disease including Scoliosis? You understand that having more than one way to fight Scoliosis would be a good thing?
                    Last edited by Dingo; 12-14-2009, 04:23 PM.

Comment

I'm trying to be polite here but it's those kinds of "questionable" scientific statements that turn my radar on. You realize that some people like Ibuprofin and others like Aspirin?
                      You realize that we used aspirin for 50 years before anyone decided that we needed other pain killers. Different biological mechanisms.

Wouldn't that be true for all disease including Scoliosis? You understand that having more than one way to fight Scoliosis would be a good thing?
                      If a treatment works, a treatment works. We are having discussions about scoliosis treatments because surgery is a very extreme solution to the problem, but it works.

Other, less invasive, treatments have variable results. If a new treatment comes out that has a very high success rate with less risk than surgery, it will revolutionize scoliosis treatment and other treatments will fall away.

Comment

calmodulin / osteopontin

PNUTTRO

You realize that we used aspirin for 50 years before anyone decided that we needed other pain killers. Different biological mechanisms.
                        So for instance if one group of scientists attempted to develop a treatment based on Calmodulin and another attempted to develop a treatment based Osteopontin that would be good right?

If a new treatment comes out that has a very high success rate with less risk than surgery, it will revolutionize scoliosis treatment and other treatments will fall away.
                        Wow, you make a good point. I don't think any of the researchers working to find a pharmeceutical treatment for Scoliosis had thought of that. If you don't mind I'm going to forward your message to one of the scientists I talk with regularly who is involved in this research.

Judging by your statements I'm not sure if you are a scientist or not. But regardless of that you are an idiot. I'm going to put you on my ignore list. I encourage you to put me on your ignore list as well.
                        Last edited by Dingo; 12-14-2009, 04:49 PM.

Comment

PNUTTRO

So for instance if one group of scientists attempted to develop a treatment based on Calmodulin and another attempted to develop a treatment based Osteopontin that would be good right?

Wow, you make a good point. I don't think any of the researchers working to find a pharmeceutical treatment for Scoliosis had thought of that.

Judging by your statements I'm not sure if you are a scientist or not. But regardless of that you are an idiot. I'm going to put you on my ignore list. I encourage you to put me on your ignore list as well.

You haven't noticed that I have been ignoring you?

I hope everyone is adequately entertained.

Comment

Look.

If I might.

Just one thing.

Dingo, what are you trying to accomplish with these posts in the research section?

What are they contributing?
                            Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                            Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

ignore list

I just wanted to say that the ignore list is working flawlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                                Dingo, what are you trying to accomplish with these posts in the research section?

What are they contributing?
                                Isn't one supposed to post research in the research section? I like the idea of people posting and advancing pet theories - just gives up more things to graw on.

I actually found the discussion interesting (although I'm not following with any level of comprehension) until the whole thing kind of blew up. Which was interesting too, in a kind of unavoidable freeway pile up kind of way.

Comment

Working...
                                X