Scott = 6 month checkup today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott = 6 month checkup today

Scott just had his 6 month checkup and his curve dropped to 10 degrees. I don't know if the exercise is helping but it's certainly not hurting.

Age 5 - 12 degrees
    Age 5.5 - 11 degrees
    Age 6 - 10 degrees

Scott is changing to yearly checkups as opposed to every 6 months.

We are going out to Claim Jumper with grandma to celebrate.

Originally posted by Dingo View Post
    Scott just had his 6 month checkup and his curve dropped to 10 degrees. I don't know if the exercise is helping but it's certainly not hurting.

Age 5 - 12 degrees
    Age 5.5 - 11 degrees
    Age 6 - 10 degrees

Scott is changing to yearly checkups as opposed to every 6 months.

We are going out to Claim Jumper with grandma to celebrate.
    Hooray Dingo!!!

I'm so happy for you and Scott! What a great Thanksgiving you'll have!

Comment

Congrats Dingo
      from CT, USA
      6 year old daughter diagnosed 7/06 33* T9

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012
      8/06 11* 3/07 5*-8/07 8*-2/08 3*
      10/08 1* 4/09 Still holding @ 1*
      10/09 11* OOB 4/10 Negative 6*
      10/2011 Neg.11* IB 11yrs old 0 rotation
      4/2012 12* OOB 0 rotation
      8/2012 18* OOB for 2 weeks. TSLO night time
      2/2013 8* OOB 3 days TSLO nightime
      3/2014 8* Out of Brace permanently

Comment

OMG Dingo - I am so happy for you and your son!!!! Congratulations on a job well done!
        Last edited by mamamax; 11-23-2009, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Yippee!!!!

Dingo,

Yippee!!!!! Am so happy for you and your boy!!!!!!!

Alot of docs. wouldn't even consider 10* scoliosis

But I think you are wise to be proactive...and keep his back in optimal shape.

Happy, Happy,
          Holidays,
          Hope

Comment

That's great news, Dingo. Here's to many more of the same

Comment

I'm going to join in your celebrations, Dingo. My daughter had her six month x-ray today and the doctor measured her curve at 31 degrees. Six months ago it was at 32 degrees. Diagnosed at 35 degrees. So it's stable.

And the very best part of the visit was the x-ray. When I questioned the tech prior to the x-ray, the tech told me they do P/A x-rays. She was a pleasant middle-aged woman. So my daughter actually got x-rayed properly (no shields, but at least facing the right direction)! And my daughter did say she was facing a different direction than she has in the past....so whoo hoo, maybe we're making a difference here on this board!

Comment

Congratulations Ballet Mom - Wonderful news!!

Comment

Thanksgiving

Thanks you guys!

We definitely have reason to be thankful this Thanksgiving.

I'm going to build a page with videos that show Scott's workout. Hopefully somebody will find it useful. I'll try to get it done within a week or so.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanks Dingo! Bird in the oven & also thinking how much there is to be thankful for - One of the best Thanksgivings to all!

Comment

aw

awwww that sounds so cute somehow.
                      Im a 16 year old girl who is very social and outgoing. I also do acting. Im full of life. I learned I had scoliosis THIS YEAR. I had no clue why my hips were uneven! I was depressed and all.. my degrees are 23-22... Look I have to tell you something..
                      At first I was unhappy, sad and depressed. But then I swam. I swam 2 times a week. Now Im not swimming anymore because Im too lazy and busy...
                      But swimming worked. my hips are getting better!
                      so listen... you are a really nice mom. My mom doesnt even care and the only reason why she cares is because i look "uneven and a little ugly" in her eyes... When I ask her to look at my hips(because i feel like they are not that uneven anymore), she says omg thats awful etc.... and she wasnt sad at all when I was depressed.
                      anyway...
                      What Im saying is that DONT BE THAT CONCERNED!
                      Now, Im happy because I have a friend whos degrees were 70 and she got the surgery, she is beautiful and tall and she says she is great.
                      also, many of my friends i see in bikini, their hips arent that even too! many people have a lil scoliosis! so dont worry.
                      its not that bad, really! if it gets bad, then theres surgery! and after the surgery its all normal, really.
                      just contact me for ANYTHING
                      love u!!

Comment

Working...
                      X