Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: new to site and need some info

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Central, VA

    Question new to site and need some info

    I was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was 18 (14 years ago) and up until recently I've had very little pain. I just had a baby and about 2 years ago I lost about 120 pounds. I've been having a lot of pain in my hip and lower back. When my hubby was rubbing my back yesterday he said my back looked strange. He said it seemed as if one side of my back was higher than the other. My friend who is a physical therapist said I should see an orthopedist because it sounded like my spine was rotating. I'm not sure what that means or if it can be corrected. She also said it could be a hump, that is really scary, I don't want to be humped back! I'm really nervous about all of this. I'm going to see my PCP on Wed. and then I hope he will refere me to an ortho. at UVA Med. Center. Any info. you could give me would be great! God Bless!



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    new jersey
    There is really so much info about scoliosis..what in particular are U looking for..When U meet with the ortho dr. he will xray your spine and measure the cobbs angle..2 C what degree your rotation /curve is. Depending that answer U can see if physcial therapy can help your back pain.

    Surgery June 28th 2004
    fused T4 -L3
    Hip graft
    Grown 1 1/2 inches
    25/o upper T 15/o
    53/o T 15/o
    37/o L 6/o
    Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
    New York City

    August 6, 2004
    Pulmonary Embolism
    complication from surgery

    January 2007 currently
    increasing pain at the T4/5
    point irratation heardwear

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    It would save time and aggravation/money if you went to an adult scoliosis specialist. He/she coud give you more accurate info than a regular orthopedist.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts