Dr. Nuzzo in NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Nuzzo in NJ

Hi everyone, I joined recently in order to get as much information and support about scoliosis as I could. My 13 year old was diagnosed with it late last January. At the time he measured 18 and 20 degrees. We were told by the orthopedist that since he was growing all they would do is keep an eye on it. Went back in June and we were told no change. Saw the same pediatric orthopedist three weeks ago today and he said the curves changed to 30 and 27 degrees. Said we needed a brace and gave me a script to go next door to Nopco and make an appointment to get fitted. He saw that I was starting to get upset and told me not to worry. Said all three of his kids had scoliosis and they all had surgery. No big deal!!! Well it is a big deal to me as we are talking about my SON!!!!!
    Being somewhat shocked and angry, I went home and through many of my connections got the name of Dr. Nuzzo. My hubby and I saw him last week and he said that the measurements were more than what the original doc has said. He is concerned with how quickly it is progressing and wants to see if there is something that could be causing it to curve so quickly.
    We went for 3 MRI last week and are waiting to hear back from him.
    In speaking with many of my friends, they all had great things to say about him. Any additional feedback from anyone on this board would be greatly appreciated.

Rosemarie
    Last edited by nickysmom; 11-02-2009, 07:33 AM.
Working...
X