see schroth provider tomorrow..spinal dynamics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• see schroth provider tomorrow..spinal dynamics

I am hoping for more help, PT or something.....I am not good at waiting.

i am proud of how our family pulled together, every night we all do the yoga core exercises...My boys are trying to encourage their little sis.

I know she is tired of doing it...

praying for coverage and answers....time to get some zzzz

http://www.schroth-skoliosebehandlung.de/
    age 15
    Daughter diagnosed at age 13
    T20 l23 10-09
    T27 L27 1/2010

T10 L 20 in brace 4/2010
    T22 L25 12/2010 out of brace
    T24 L25 7/2011 out of brace

Type 1 diabetes- pumping
    Wearing a Boston brace and Schroth therapy
    Faith, Hope, and Love- the greatest of these is Love

interesting video....

http://www.schroth-skoliosebehandlun...treatment.html
    age 15
    T20 l23 10-09
    T27 L27 1/2010

T10 L 20 in brace 4/2010

Type 1 diabetes- pumping

Comment

One of the members over at the other scoliosis forum (scoliosis support) went there recently. Her curve is too small for surgery, but she'd been having all kinds of pain and felt that they really helped address that for her.

I'd love to hear what you think.

Comment

1st apt with PT and measurements....checked leg lengths. measured rib hump. Thoracic and Lumbar

Except go over her weak spots and her strengths. She is very flexible and strong. PT agreed with waiting to brace, because of her Diabetes and the pump. So two good opinions, she also stated she has 1 in 10
        chances of not progressing.

At this point, she did the same stuff the orthopedic did. So I am undecided to say if its helpful.

tomorrow we work on breathing...correct breathing apparently we don't fully use our lungs and diaphragm.
        age 15
        T20 l23 10-09
        T27 L27 1/2010

T10 L 20 in brace 4/2010

Type 1 diabetes- pumping

Comment

i think that as you get into the therapy more you'll realize it's a lot different than exercises a normal PT or ortho would give you.

Comment

pictures were taken and posture corrected.

the first part of schroth is correcting the base...the pelvic region.

the first block of misalignment.

So looking into a mirror. making sure shoulders are over the hips, tilt pelvic and equal weight on both feet...and get this...elongate the spine. head and neck in a straight plane. practice 50x a day...5 minutes in the mirror.

looking at the photos...I could see she was out of alignment and her stance was off...and more weight appeared on her right foot, head leaned a bit left.

after a few days posture was corrected.

I have not gone back to therapy due to cost out of pocket and insurance being reluctant to cover PT. We are waiting till I can work. I wouldn't mind watching or reading Schroth book of principles. I find her book very technical and dated.
            age 15
            T20 l23 10-09
            T27 L27 1/2010

T10 L 20 in brace 4/2010

Type 1 diabetes- pumping

Comment

Hello to you...I have a 12 year old son recently diagnosed with scoliosis and a curve of 21%. I am interested in how the schroth therapy is going? We might be going to the scoliosis rehab in Wisconsin to get my son well trained at the exercises to try and avoid the curve getting worse. We will do anything to avoid bracing. Please let me know how things are going...thanks

Comment

Hi Lovingmother,

Is your doctor recommending bracing? If so, I'd be inclined to follow that recommendation. The feedback I've heard so far is that Schroth is not expected to hold a curve during a growth spurts.

If you're pre-bracing, though, there's no harm in trying the Schroth during the "wait-and-see" period and seeing if that will keep him from entering the bracing zone.

I'd be interested in hearing your feedback, and best of luck with your son.

Comment

Indeed, Hans Weiss (the grandson of K Schroth, and head of the main German clinics) told me that the exercises alone cannot always hold a progressive curve during the adolescent growth spurts, and bracing should be seen as an integral part of Schroth therapy for children who want to prevent curve progression.

Comment

Yes, the Doctor wants to brace my son immediately. His curve is at 21% and has not gone thru pubery. So, I do understand his opinion to brace. However, since it is at 21% I feel like I have a couple of months to do everything I can to at least hold his curvature or improve it slightly before he heads into his growth spurt...I have to at least try absolutely everything I can in my power before putting him in a brace. At least when the dreaded day comes I will have peace that we gave therapy, exercises, breathing techniques, yoga, and whatever else I researched a try. I am most likely going to be taking my son asap to either spinal dynamics or the scholiosis rehab. thanks and I'll keep everyone posted on my son.

Comment

Working...
                    X