Sceduled for Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sceduled for Surgery

So i heard back from Shriners today...and I finally got his surgery date..He goes in for his Pre-op December 23rd and his surgery date is January 22nd..we also have been put on the cancelation list..so we are actually hoping that we get a date sooner..as Dairrien really wants to get bthis done and over and on the road to recovery..Will keep you all posted of things as they progress,is there anything that we should be preparing for ,for our stay at the hospital,things that kept you and your child sane..lol ..we have 12 weeks to prepare and I am a planner...and I want to make sure that we are prepared for everything..Thanks everyone !!!!

Question about Shriner's

How long did it take for you to hear back from the Shriner's? I was encouraged when they called to make sure we had received our application, but did not know how long to expect before we would be contacted after turning it in?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelsey's Mom View Post
      How long did it take for you to hear back from the Shriner's? I was encouraged when they called to make sure we had received our application, but did not know how long to expect before we would be contacted after turning it in?

actually Dairrien has been a patient since he was 3 years old...so I am unsure how long it will take...I think it depends on how fast they process your application ..I personally would call once a week after you have sent in your app...make sure you keep on top of it...as I know people have waited and waited....but if you stay on top of it..I think you will get in faster...Good luck !!

Comment

Dairriens Surgery was Bumped up !! His surgery is now December 30th and Pre-op is next week November the 11th,WOW !!! This is going quick !!!

Comment

Congrats. I called yesterday just to make sure the application arrived for Kelsey and was told it would probably take about 6 weeks to process. We are hoping that they will let her wait for summer for surgery, but the doc who diagnosed felt like it might be best not to wait. He actually said we might be okay to wait but that would mean keeping an eye on her spine in the meantime to make sure it didn't do anything unexpected. (All of her curvature happened in the last year and took us completely by surprise. Her spine looks like a snake is winding its way up her back.)

Keep updating about surgery. Glad it is moving along so quickly!

Comment

Working...
          X