Want your brace off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want your brace off?

Well I do, very badly that's because you know I'm in that certain age that you want to look nice right and dress pretty. But I'm always looking like I'm always trying to hide something. Yes my friends know about my friends but not all. I really want it off but I'm not sure when I could. My doctor says you might get it off early than usual but not too sure yet. Evrytime I visit the doctors they are always leaving my hanging on when I could take it off. It is very annoying and I hope the next time I come and visit they would actually tell me when. By the way guyz wen r u goin 2 take it off? nd how long did u hav 2 wear it 4?
    SmileyGirl8
    T30
    Got my brace on March 21,2009
    Age 12
    <3

Hang in there girrrrrl!

Heyy!
    So, I hate to sound discouraging, but if you're only 12, it may be a little while before you get your brace off
    I wore my brace starting when I was almost 11, up until I was almost 17. so over 5 years. Now, every girl is different, but typically you won't get your brace off until you are done growing. That won't happen until roughly 2 years after you get your first period. They will measure this with the growth plate in your hip, using whats called a "Risser" score. 0 means no growth, 5 means its completely grown in. now once its a 5, your scoliosis won't get worse in most cases. Now, this is just a typical case. your scoliosis might be completely different! you could not have to wear it as long! I really hope thats the case, but just remember, wear your brace! If you don't, its only hurting you in the long run. but hang in there!!!!
    Hey, so I'm Rebecca, I'm 20 and I wore a Boston Brace for one year, and then a Cheneau brace for 5+ years. The Cheneau changed my life. I now am out of brace full time!!!! Its amazing. For all my scoli-girls (and guys of course) hang in there - the day you get your brace off is the best feeling ever. All the years of wearing it won't matter when that day comes. amo vobis!

"DUX FEMINA FACTI (The leader of the deed was a WOMAN!)"
    -Virgel

Comment

Thx 4 da msg

Hey wow you have been wearing your brace for 5 years? Isn't that such a pain? I dont think I could hold on to this for that long. My T is only 30 thats why. How much is yours?
      SmileyGirl8
      T30
      Got my brace on March 21,2009
      Age 12
      <3

Comment

I actually have a double major curve, T25 L17. And looking, back the 5 years seems like a long time. But while actually braced, it didn't feel like it!
        Hey, so I'm Rebecca, I'm 20 and I wore a Boston Brace for one year, and then a Cheneau brace for 5+ years. The Cheneau changed my life. I now am out of brace full time!!!! Its amazing. For all my scoli-girls (and guys of course) hang in there - the day you get your brace off is the best feeling ever. All the years of wearing it won't matter when that day comes. amo vobis!

"DUX FEMINA FACTI (The leader of the deed was a WOMAN!)"
        -Virgel

Comment

i'm stillin my brace and have been for 3 yrs 20hrs a day i want it off so bad now though i only have to wear it a night which is really good for school and eveerything just to let you know i know how you feel
          Diagonosed:age12
          and im still alright

Comment

Hang in there!

I was in my brace for 22 hours a day for 3 years, it mostly depends on when you're going to finish growing, so your doctor probably won't be able to give you a great estimation until they can tell you're slowing down. Hang in there!
            My name is Katie and I love to Dance especially Ballet. I am 14 years old and after 3 years of the Boston brace, I'm officially brace-free! Great holiday present if I do say so myself

Comment

Yah i supposeably have 2 wks left
              Diagonosed:age12
              and im still alright

Comment

Of course!

I'm a sophmore in high school and have been wearing my brace since the second semester of my 8th grade year of middle school. At first, I was cool with it, I even felt comfortable about telling people. But high school came and I realized that it would no longer be that way. I go to my scoliosis doctor every six months and we went recently so I could get fitted for a new one. I hate it and I almost can't remember a time when I wasn't wearing my brace. It has a huge impact on my life and it breaks my heart that I have to wear clothes two sizes bigger than what I normally wear. I want to wear clothes my size and be actually proud of what I'm wearing. Just lately, it's been getting very hard to deal with.

Comment

I've stared wearing it July 2010 and will get it off in two years if I'm still on track! I have an S curve of 27 degrees and really uneven arches in my feet ):. Really sorry to hear you're getting tired of it, we all are and I know that I like to have a specific due date for when to get it off so I can trust the day will come soon!
                  Lindsey D.

Embrace your Curves!

Comment

Working...
                  X