how do you sleep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you sleep?

before diagnosis..dd slept on stomach kinda half twisted. As a child her joints were always very flexible and loose.

After diagnosis ~ she sleeps on her back a firm mattress with a pillow under her knees, with a pillow that supports her neck.
    age 15
    Daughter diagnosed at age 13
    T20 l23 10-09
    T27 L27 1/2010

T10 L 20 in brace 4/2010
    T22 L25 12/2010 out of brace
    T24 L25 7/2011 out of brace

Type 1 diabetes- pumping
    Wearing a Boston brace and Schroth therapy
    Faith, Hope, and Love- the greatest of these is Love

I always lay on my right side laterally. Any other position I start to ache.
    45L/40T
    Surgery 25/1/2010
    Australia

Knowthyself

Scoliosis Corrected 25/1/2010 by Dr Angus Gray, Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Sydney. Fused T3-L4.

Comment

Schroth method recommends sleeping with the major curve up...convexity curve up and concave down.

So Ambrea's main curve is Thoracic Right. So she lays on her left side with a small bean bag pillow under lumbar curve to counteract it.

Most people prefer to sleep with their back to the wall so we did move her bed to make that position possible.

The other proper sleeping position~ is laying on her back with a pillow under her knees (Recommended by her orthopedic)
      age 15
      Daughter diagnosed at age 13
      T20 l23 10-09
      T27 L27 1/2010

T10 L 20 in brace 4/2010
      T22 L25 12/2010 out of brace
      T24 L25 7/2011 out of brace

Type 1 diabetes- pumping
      Wearing a Boston brace and Schroth therapy
      Faith, Hope, and Love- the greatest of these is Love

Comment

i do schroth, and that's how i always sleep as well (on my back with a pillow under my knees or on my left side (my main curve goes to the right)).

Comment

same here as jimbo. ir i sleep anyway else i cant sleep for hours. literaly

Comment

Working...
          X