Adult 80 deg plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adult 80 deg plus

Has anyone experienced numbness and tinging in their legs? My left leg is extremey numb lower down and ankle and I have fallen twice at work, gone way down to floor. Scary! I saw Dr. lenke last Jul and haev surgery scheduled next July - gosh, not sure what shape I'll be in by then. Terrible pain most of the time. Not sleeping too well. And, now that I can't walk withiout falling down - waht's next????:
    Rita Thompson
    Age 46
    Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
    Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
    Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
    Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Wow Rita,

The easiest thing you can do right now is to go to a warm water therapy pool. Find a good masseuse, that's what I did and it helped.

I had mind blowing sciatica years ago and cured it swimming in the ocean. I swam all day long. You are about as far from any ocean as anyone could be, that's why I mentioned the pool.

Take it slow, try not to fall down.
    Ed
    49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
    Pre surgery curves T70,L70
    ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
    Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Fortunately I landed on my knees. I have lots of bruises, sore shoulders and sore sternum - but, I just worry abgout the next tme. I do not bounce like I used to.... Ha!
      Rita Thompson
      Age 46
      Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
      Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
      Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
      Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

When I consulted Dr. Boachie with a triple curve 30/80/40 Cervical, thoracic, lumbar- he told me not to wait more than 6 months.

I had already lost lung capacity from the thoracic curve.

I suggest discussing your symptoms with your chosen surgeon because your numbness/tingling might mean nerve impingement.
        Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
        Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

hi Rita
          numbness and tingling usually means nerve involvement of some kind......
          back when i was first sick with Lyme, i had numbness and tingling...hands and feet...
          it was nerve damage...
          since then, i've had some numb tingly stuff from scoli, herniated discs, etc...
          i had sciatica down side of left leg for quite a while, initially didnt bother me, then last
          year i had a lot of trouble with it...finally gone now...

do you mean you have sciatica of some kind...or something else....?

hope you feel better....

jess

Comment

You may not hear back from Rita... she posted almost 3 years ago.
            Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
            Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

whoops...you're right..thanks for pointing that out....

jess

Comment

Those spammers really messed things up! I started checking original date/year before even looking at a thread. Otherwise, we'd drive ourselves nuts wondering why we aren't getting responses or updates from people!...lol
                Be happy!
                We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                but we are alive today!

Comment

Working...
                X