return to "normal"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• return to "normal"

Yesterday was my first day of what will be my routine until the end of May 2010 if not longer. An hour drive to the practicum and then sitting most of the time, and then the hour drive home. A couple of hours at home and then an hour drive to school and then 2 1/2 hour in class and then an hour drive home. Boy oh boy did I feel awful. Unable to take anything for pain while at the practicum when I got home, my spine felt stiff and brittle with pain galore.Too much sitting without moving and on hard cheap wood seats caused too much pain. Made me acutely aware of just how well the pain meds work. I wonder if sitting will ever become something I don't even think about.
    avis
    1987 Lumbar Laminectomy (forget which levels)
    2005 A/P fusion, L2 - L5, 2/2005
    2009 2 Posterior fusions, T6 - Pelvis, 2/10 & 2/18,
    Dr. Frank Rand, NEBH

I wouldn't survive in hard chairs without my comfy inflatable pillow. I got mine from comforthouse.com. When you're not using it you can fold it to fit in your purse.

(No, I am not getting paid for this endorsement !! )
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

I, too, take a pillow everywhere. But mine is cheetah fur!

7 months since your surgery and it's still that difficult to sit. I feel for you. I have to sit for hours and hours at my job and hope I can find a comfortable alternative when I'm ready to return to work. I hope you can find some kind of pillow or chair pad that works for you and try your best to get up and move as often as possible.
      Sandy

Thoracic curve was 55 degrees, now 30
      Lumbar curve was 68 degrees, now 26
      Rib rotation was 17 degrees, now 0
      Degenerated discs and sacral arthritic spurs, plus significant spondylosis
      Fused 8/13/09 at age 43 from T-9 to pelvis with iliac screws anchoring hardware to the pelvis, plus osteomies by Drs. Anthony Moreno and Geoff Cronen, Tampa, FL

Comment

My surgeries were in '05, and I still try to find out what kind of seating is provided where ever I go. I also carry a small pillow in my car, sometimes for my back, sometimes for my butt. Bleachers kill me and so does wooden seats.

Shari

Comment

Working...
        X