Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need revision surgery, trying to find a doctor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need revision surgery, trying to find a doctor!

I am 60 years old, have a T6-L5 fusion and have developed a 90 degree kyphosis. I have been advised by Erich Buchl (an associate of Dr. Shelokov's) that revision surgery (with a T2 to pelvis fusion) is advisable. I had an appointment with Dr. Shelokov but as he has recently passed away, need to find another doctor.

I am considering Dr. Richard Hostin, Dr. Larry Lenke, and Dr. Michael LaGrone. Does anyone have any experience with any of these surgeons regarding revision surgery?

Also, I am interested in the experiences of older patients who have had revision surgery.

Thank you very much for any help you can give me.

Colleen

Hostin

I was actually scheduled to have surgery with shelokov in october and just finished seeing dr hostin. I just left his office and really am extremely confident and comfortable with him. He spent an hour with me today. Please feel free to email and I would love to go into more details. I am typing on my phone while my husband drives and I'm not very good at it. BeSt wishes!
    hope to hear from you soon!
    Jennifer
    Jennifer.kemmerer@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Colleen...

If you search the forums, you'll find quite a few mentions of both Drs. Lenke and LaGrone. Dr. LaGrone is specifically known for his revision work.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Me too

Originally posted by colleenf View Post
        I am 60 years old, have a T6-L5 fusion and have developed a 90 degree kyphosis. I have been advised by Erich Buchl (an associate of Dr. Shelokov's) that revision surgery (with a T2 to pelvis fusion) is advisable. I had an appointment with Dr. Shelokov but as he has recently passed away, need to find another doctor.

I am considering Dr. Richard Hostin, Dr. Larry Lenke, and Dr. Michael LaGrone. Does anyone have any experience with any of these surgeons regarding revision surgery?

Also, I am interested in the experiences of older patients who have had revision surgery.

Thank you very much for any help you can give me.

Colleen
        Hi I am 65 yrs old. Had the harrington rod surgery 3 times because of hardware failure and fusion did not take. Now I have perepheral neuropathy (I think from the surgery) and now ms. My curve is now at 58 degrees and am considering a revision from Dr. Gaines in Columbia, Mo. He is supposed to be good, look his bio up
        Kate

Comment

Working...
        X