Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Scoliometer in Your Pocket

iPhone app
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

We were talking about that on Spine Kids, it's soooooo cool! Too bad, I don't have an itouch.

Comment

That's very interesting, thanks Linda! I borrowed my boyfriend's iPhone and we downloaded this app and had a play with it.

I've had my spine fused from T1-L4 for years so it's not possible to do the Adams test properly, and I have had two costoplasties to lessen my rib hump anyway, but I was still curious as to what my Scoliometer reading would be (it came out as 19 degrees). I'm seeing my consultant this afternoon and will ask him to check it against a real Scoliometer so we can see how accurate this is - it could be a very handy tool for parents to monitor their kids with
      Last edited by tonibunny; 07-27-2009, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Linda,
        Thanks for the tip! The app. works - doesn't have a notch for the spinous processes like the scoliometer sold through NSF so you have to be careful. Still, amazing. Who thinks up this stuff?
        -Jen.

Comment

Working...
        X