Laser Spine Institute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser Spine Institute

I wanted to share this link with you all.
    http://www.laserspineinstitute.com/
    It's a new type of surgery (started in 2005) that allows the doctor to treat the spine without making huge incisions, instead they make a 3 milimeter incision and use special tools with cameras to see inside of you. They treat all sorts of spinal issues and symtoms associated with Scoliosis ,and are now usuing this method to treat Scoliosis!
    It's not an option for everyone yet, but some cases can be treated using this type of surgery.
    Check out the link for more info.
    It's really cool!!!

Yeah, I have heard of it....although I am not familiar with it. That would be cool if they could do that and we wouldn't have to have huge scars but still get as good of correction!
    Diagnosed in '06'
    Wore TLSO brace for 18 mo.
    Upper curve 40 degrees; lower 35 degrees
    Surgery in March '08' (T6 - T11)
    Rods for 7 vertabraes; 3 fused
    Still have lumbar curve (T12 - L4) of now, 33 degrees
    I have osteoarthritis, 3 bulging discs, stenosis, fast progressing lordosis, vertebrea twisting (vertebreas almost on side) all in lumbar spine. Will most likely have another surgery to extend rods and fusion. :'(

Comment

Originally posted by S4Sarah View Post
      I wanted to share this link with you all.
      http://www.laserspineinstitute.com/
      It's a new type of surgery (started in 2005) that allows the doctor to treat the spine without making huge incisions, instead they make a 3 milimeter incision and use special tools with cameras to see inside of you. They treat all sorts of spinal issues and symtoms associated with Scoliosis ,and are now usuing this method to treat Scoliosis!
      It's not an option for everyone yet, but some cases can be treated using this type of surgery.
      Check out the link for more info.
      It's really cool!!!
      Hi Sarah...

I think you may be confusing laser surgery with minimially invasive surgery. As far as I can see, there is no reference to scoliosis surgery on the laserspineinstitute link. And, as far as I know, laser would never be a treatment for scoliosis.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
      X