Lenke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenke

Has anyone who's gone to see Dr. Lenke any information on the local hotels? Or know approximately how far it is to like Embassy Suites? Does this make me sound spoiled? My husband is taking me there, I think he's trying to make me feel better because he knows how uncomfortable I've been. My appt is Aug 19th so I am wanting to make reservs soon. I know there are hotels right close to hosp, but I really don't want to stay there yet - I know the time's coming when I have surgery, so guess not until then.
    Thanks and I appreciate the info...
    Rita Thompson
    Age 46
    Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
    Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
    Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
    Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Hotel

I stay at the Parkway Hotel just across the street from Dr.Lenke's office and the hospital. Phone is (314) 256-7777. They give a special rate for client's visiting doctors and the hospital of $94.00/night. There is a ramp that connects directly to the medical center from the hotel. Dr.Lenke's nurse or the patient relations at Barnes Jewish Hospital can give you more information on places to stay. The address for the Parkway Hotel is 4550 Forest Park Blvd.,St.Louis,Mo. 63108. Good luck to you. Also Rita.

Comment

Thanks so much Wishing. I am very nervous. I had back surgery, 7 screws L5-S1, but this scoliosis surgery sure makes me nervous. But, everyone says Lenke is the best and not to worry a bit. I've even heard some say it's really not that bad to go through. I figure their either lying (ha!) or just trying to make us feel better....
      Thanks for the info - I really appreciate it.
      Aug 19th appt.
      Rita Thompson
      Age 46

Comment

Dr. Lenke was my doctor as well, and we stayed at the Parkway when we were there also. I really don't remember it very much because I was there a few days after my surgery when I was still hyped up on drugs but my mom stayed there for over a week and a half and thought that it was very convenient-- lots of places to eat and close to the hospital and center for advanced medicine.
        aBbiE
        22 yr old F,KU college student
        Kyphoscoliosis...
        Scoliosis (25T, 23L) diagnosed @ 14 yrs old; curves June 08 were 45T, 32L with 18 degree rotation
        Kyphosis of 65 degrees...
        I am missing a lumbar vertebrae

Surgery 6/30/2008 with Dr. Lawrence Lenke
        Fused T2-L2

before/after pics
        all smiles!

Comment

Hey Everybody...I flew in and out on the same day 6/24/09 to meet with Lenke. He was great! I scheduled my surgery with him for May 2010...that was the first time he could take me! I can't believe he is so busy! Can someone that has gone through surgery with him please let us know details? How was he? Where you stayed? How long were you in hospital, then in hotel? How was flying back home!?? Ug! Can't even imagine flying after that!!!

Thanks in advance!
          Laura
          62 degrees
          49 yrs. young
          Surgery 3/31/10 with Lenke

Before and After pics
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749126@N06/

Comment

Thanks so much for all your help everyone. This has been most helpful. Now if I was just one year down the road...
            Rita Thompson
            Age 46

Comment

sorry i realize this is late. But i work at a hotel if any of you need a discount let me know. I can get a friends and family rate. But i wont be here that much longer, maybe a month or so. I am affiliated with holiday inns, crowne plazas...places like that.

---Bethany
              -Bethany
              pre-op L 74*
              pre-op Th 56*
              surgery scheduled for jan. 6th 2010
              getting nervous

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that. But, I don't anticipate being back in the St. Louis area until May.
                Thanks though.
                Rita Thompson
                Age 46

Comment

Working...
                X