Yikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yikes

hey yall its cheergrl and i need advice baecause of my brace i have a huge heat rash on my body and for all you braced ones out there is this normal cause im not sure so can i please have advise

Hmmmm. Never had that before... Maybe you could try some baby powder?? Maybe you could change your shirt often throughout the day to keep your skin dry? Hope it gets better!! - Titough
    Diagnosed in '06'
    Wore TLSO brace for 18 mo.
    Upper curve 40 degrees; lower 35 degrees
    Surgery in March '08' (T6 - T11)
    Rods for 7 vertabraes; 3 fused
    Still have lumbar curve (T12 - L4) of now, 33 degrees
    I have osteoarthritis, 3 bulging discs, stenosis, fast progressing lordosis, vertebrea twisting (vertebreas almost on side) all in lumbar spine. Will most likely have another surgery to extend rods and fusion. :'(

Comment

Hey. It's Michele again. That heat rash will go away soon. It is pretty common to have a heat rash because your brace is so tight and you sweat under it. Ask your mom to treat it with some type of cream or ointment.

Love,

Michele
      DD/12 yo.
      diagnosed 1/9/09 at age 11-- 30*, 19 * S-curve- recommend wait/watch
      3/16/09- 32*, 23*
      5/14/09- 42*, 32* fitted for Boston Brace
      7/2/09- in brace x-ray- 16*,20*
      11/6/09- out of brace 24 hrs x-ray- 26* top curve, 18* bottom curve
      03/11/10- out of brace 24 hrs x-ray- 24* top curve, 16* bottom curve

Comment

When my daughter was in the Boston Brace, she got a rash on her stomach even though she always wore a shirt under the brace. We treated it with cortizone cream and it went away. It is caused by the heat and the sweat and is normal.

Comment

Hey cheergrl. That heat rash is completely normal. Because the brace is so tight, you will sweat a lot and that can cause a heat rash. I just got my brace on Friday, June 5th. I haven't gotten a heat rash yet, but boy is it hot under that brace! Ask your mom to treat it with some type of cream.

From,

Haley
          I'm Haley.
          I have been dancing for 10 years.
          I have taken gymnastics for 1 year.
          I was diagnosed with scoliosis December 19, 2008.
          I have had a boston brace for a little more
          than a month.
          I have no idea what my curves are. I will ask my mom later.

I hope my brace works or else I will
          be really sad!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X