X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EStim/TENS

is anyone using an estim device?

I have a EMPI 300 PV I'm using on the muscles in my thoracic spin

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these, sometimes it's great but sometimes the electrodes have a tingling pain. It hurts even on low settings before I get the EStim effect.

This seems to be related to the placement of the electrodes, but I can't quite figure out why it hurts sometimes.

Originally posted by aktech23 View Post
    is anyone using an estim device?

I have a EMPI 300 PV I'm using on the muscles in my thoracic spin

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these, sometimes it's great but sometimes the electrodes have a tingling pain. It hurts even on low settings before I get the EStim effect.

This seems to be related to the placement of the electrodes, but I can't quite figure out why it hurts sometimes.
    A TENS unit was one of only about 100 things I tried pre-op. I had the same sensation you mention at times, and it was usually when I was either too close to a bone - or covering damaged or impinged nerves/nerve bundles. It seemed I got this effect more often after I started having medial branch rhizotomies (RF ablations) done ...
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Comment

I Love my Mr.T
      Here in new mexico, a representative of zynex showed me how to use it and set up the fuctions /times & delivery of new pads for me. Does the company that make your offer the same thing?

http://www.zynexmed.com/

dani

Comment

yes, they did program and set it up for me. this is the unit I have:
        http://www.empi.com/empi_products/detail.aspx?id=188

Along with TENS it also does Neuromuscular Stimulation (NMES).

I've actually had a TENS unit prior to this unit. NMES is a bit different then TENS, you only use it for 1 hour. wow, the thing made me sore at first.

Dr. advised starting at 15 minuets a session and building longer so as not to become too sore. It's a catch 22 I forget how long it's one for (timer only does 1 hr)as it feels so good I forget. it shuts off and later ouch. it's a good sore tho

I don't get the painful prickles all the time, but sometimes I just can't get those pads placed correctly.

So far it is helping with my shoulder pain which is very nice.

Comment

Very cool!

*huggs*
          dani

Comment

Working...
          X