No announcement yet.

57 and older

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back from a nice vacation (42 year high school reunion). I was so excited to see all your replies. Even with scoliosis, I can say I'm doing pretty good appearance wise. Classmates didn't even notice my scoliosis or they just didn't mention it, I don't know. Now I' m back to reality and decison, decision, decision about the surgery. Take care, you all. Love you all.

Letty

Comment

Cheryl,

Did they take a rib out from you? How are you doing now? Connie and SandyC, please update us on your recovery. Overall, are you happy you had the surgery?

Letty

Comment

I tried to post reply 2 times and I don't see them being posted.

Comment

Letty...

Not sure why you're not seeing them. The last 3 entries in this string are yours.

--Linda
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Letty,
            Yes, after the infection (s) and having to remove all my new hardware 6 months after the surgery, it was still worth it. My quality of life has improved greatly. If I had to do it all again, I would
            SandyC
            SandyC

Comment

No rib was taken out. Bone graphs came from pelvic bone, plus cadaver and synthetic bone. My surgeon likes to use all three together. Removal of the rib hump is a whole new surgery which I can live without going through, thank you very much. It would be for cosmetic reasons.

Comment

Cheryl,

Who was your surgeon?

Letty

Comment

Letty, my surgeon was Dr. John Regan, the Medical Director at the Institue for Spinal Discorders at Cedars in L.A. The web site is www.cedars-sinai,edu/spine. Just got back from a trip to New England. The trip was great. Went to a wedding and even danced (well, I moved slowly on the floor). The rental car was horrible, an Eclipse. Seats were very incomfortable and too low to the ground.

Comment

Thanks to Judy's post somewhere, I just found out there are page 2 sometimes. And I thought all along that some of my posts are missing. Ahh, the wisdom that comes with age does not apply with computers, I guess. I am still in first grade here.

Letty

Comment

Thank you, Cheryl for you response and info. I appreciate it.

Letty

Comment

Working...
                      X