Spinecor Brace for Adults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hdugger View Post
    I want the university which issued my Masters in Public Health to pay me *not* to reveal their name
    LOL. I think some of my colleagues might be shocked at how far afield I have gone. Without a net I mean. One course in biochem is no net.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by mariaf View Post
      What the site 'allows' is for people to express their opinions, experiences and beliefs about various treatment methods - whether they are similar or different from our own. Sounds fair to me.
      What this site allows for is the usual vicious pack to harass other people who don't think like them and try to drive them off the board in a thunder of denunciation and humiliation...unless you're a potential surgical candidate and then it's all love and light and hugs and kisses.

You'd think that someone who is so bothered by conservative scoliosis treatments could just stay out of the non-surgical portions of the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballet Mom View Post
        What this site allows for is the usual vicious pack to harass other people who don't think like them and try to drive them off the board in a thunder of denunciation and humiliation...
        That's what the evolution deniers and Holocaust deniers whine about also.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

i have no problem with conservative or otherwise treatments...
          to each their own...

i don't think it helps to keep talking about being attacked, when i don't see anyone attacking...

i think people express their opinions and experiences here, and some consider certain tx to be ineffective...but that is their opinion...

what they say in 12 step is..."take what you like, and leave the rest"

happy new year
          jess

Comment

Originally posted by mariaf View Post
            So, then, in answer to my original question, you are saying that unlike surgeons and medical device companies, the Spinecor makers HAVE been exempt from your speculations about who might be funding this site?
            I'm not sure why you like to try and play "gotcha".

I believe Linda told us that Spinecor was the major funder of this site, and then later stated to us that private donors were the major funders of this site. Obviously, if Spinecor is a donor at all to this site anymore, it is a minor portion.

If we're going to play these types of games, how about we expand the definition of "medical device" companies to any health companies involved in scoliosis to include molecular diagnostics companies, biotech firms and any others that may not fall under the heading of medical device manufacturers and ensure that any donations are included such as stocks and stock options etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
              That's what the evolution deniers and Holocaust deniers whine about also.
              Case in point.

Comment

People who are pushing counterfactual positions only have whining because they can't counter with facts.

That's a clue that a position is counterfactual.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

If we're going to play these types of games, how about we expand the definition of "medical device" companies to any health companies involved in scoliosis to include molecular diagnostics companies, biotech firms and any others that may not fall under the heading of medical device manufacturers and ensure that any donations are included such as stocks and stock options etc.
                  This continues to be irrelevant until you pony up any evidence that anyone is being paid to post here.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I believe Linda told us that Spinecor was the major funder of this site,
                    I never stated that.
                    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

• Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
                      Interesting. If anything, you might say this site was supported by the manufacturers of the Spinecor brace. That's much closer to the truth, as far as I know, than saying that device manufacturers support the NSF.

Do you like the iScoliosis site, Balletmom? I believe that site is 100% funded by a manufacturer.
                      I believe this was the comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ballet Mom
                        I believe Linda told us that Spinecor was the major funder of this site,
                        Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
                        I never stated that.
                        This is the type of thing we see over and over and over and over again.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• How does one get from "If anything, you might say this site was supported by the manufacturers of the Spinecor brace." to "I believe Linda told us that Spinecor was the major funder of this site,"

This really points out the danger of using the internet for medical advice. People read into others' words, what they want.
                          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• In case there's still a question in anyone's mind about this issue, let me say that I have never been paid a single cent by anyone, to steer people towards or away from any treatment option. And, while the NSF may get donations from individuals or companies who have financial interest in various treatment options (although I have no knowledge of such), such donations would never trickle down to me as a volunteer, or anyone else who posts here.

Comment

• i, for one, have no doubts about your integrity, Linda, or the integrity of this forum...
                              and i thank you for your time, energy, and devotion to this site...for no pay, and for only the satisfaction it must give you (most of the time) and the thanks of most of us! you and the forum help many people, from many places, with many levels of pain...

happy new year to you...and a pain free one, i hope
                              jess

Comment

• Originally posted by Ballet Mom View Post
                                I'm not sure why you like to try and play "gotcha".
                                Nobody is playing anything, unless that is what you call wanting an answer to a simple question, which I believe you have still managed to avoid.

As you have done time and time again with Pooka, you insist on making things personal in an attempt to change the subject or when you have no answer.
                                Last edited by mariaf; 12-30-2010, 10:02 PM.
                                mariaf305@yahoo.com
                                Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
                                Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Working...
                                X