Rollercoasters =]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollercoasters =]

Hey everyone!! I'm not really asking a question or anything, and because of that I'm sorry if I'm taking up board space or something like that lol. And if this is in the wrong spot, I'm sorry. I just wanted to say that recently I went on vacation to Florida for a week and really put my fusion to the test, to say the least, at all the Disney Parks and Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. And...t'was a success!! LOL.

Now, when I say I went on everything I fully mean it. For anyone who has ever been to any of those parks, I went on every single rollercoaster (and not just smaller ones like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Space Mountain, but the Rock-n-Rollercoaster, Revenge of the Mummy, and the Hulk.) Actually, to be quite honest, Space Mountain may have actually been worse than the upside-down ones lol. I also went on loads of jarring rides like Test Track, Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain, etc. And it was a lot, because we did theme parks every day from last Thursday to this past Monday. But it really didn't make my back feel too bad at all. I'm a little bit sore now so maybe it caught up with me a bit (or maybe it was from my flight being delayed three hours today and being at the airport for quite a bit, and then flying itself...those seats are terrible lol!). I'm so happy, and it was awesome to go on those coasters. So I guess to anyone who wants to know if they can still do these kinds of things after surgery, you definitely will be able to eventually.

Anyway lol. I just wanted to share that. Oh, and this is totally not related, but if anyone on the site is planning to visit Walt Disney World with their family I reallyyy suggest eating at 50's Primetime Cafe in MGM Studios (actually called Hollywood Studios now). It is so great! The food is okay but it's the atmosphere you go for...everybody there role plays like they are from the 50's. I got yelled at for not eating my vegetables for example, lol, and the waiter came back with the greens for "dessert" covered with whipped cream and sprinkles as a joke lol. And my cousin and I had to clear the table. LOL! It's such a cute restaurant!! =]
    Nicole//18 years old, college sophomore//50 degree thoracolumbar curve//Posterior Spinal Fusion in 2008, Fused T5 to L3

I love Disney, so woo hoo!!

Just a question are you a year out from surgery? I believe I saw March 18 in your signature but was that last year I'm assuming?

I know Carolyn just had her post-op check up & no roller coasters for her this summer.
    Becky
    Mom to DD (15) with S 48*+ curve
    Had her surgery March 9, 2009

Comment

Lol, yes, it was last year. Actually, I'm going to go add the year to my signature right now haha. I know if it was March 18th of this year, I would definitely not be able to do any of that. I went last summer for a few days when my mom was there on business and I think the only things I went on were the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean lol.
      Nicole//18 years old, college sophomore//50 degree thoracolumbar curve//Posterior Spinal Fusion in 2008, Fused T5 to L3

Comment

WHEW!!! That's what I assumed but that's not always a good thing to do.

I was going to have a heart attack for your mom if it was just this March 18 and scold you!

Carolyn's choir group will be going to Disney next Feb., so she will still be restricted to go on much of anything although she will almost be 1 year, I don't want to chance it.

However, we are also thinking of going in the summer so she should be good to go. The doctor already told us that next summer she could ride roller coasters.
        Becky
        Mom to DD (15) with S 48*+ curve
        Had her surgery March 9, 2009

Comment

I live in Florida and we do lots of Disney trips. I have done fine on the rides, but now that I'm getting older I've decided that I need to be protective of my neck and my unfused areas in my upper and lower back. Speed isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's more about how jerky it is. The Tower of Terror is still a great one for me because it's a smooth up-and-down drop.

Comment

Working...
          X