New Here-Anyone in Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here-Anyone in Texas?

I'm new to the forums and I'm in the process of deciding on surgery. I wanted to see if anyone has seen or heard anything about the surgeon. It's Dr. Mark Rahm at the Scott & White Spine Center in Temple, Texas. Thanks ahead of time for any info!

In Texas too

Hi Mere and all,

I am in Texas too. In Austin, and thinking about surgery as well. I was about to ask if you guys had a recommendation on good surgeons in central Texas. I was seen at the Austin Spine. They suggested to perform first a neck surgery for my cervical myelopathy, and then talk about the scoliosis one, as my curve has progressed to 68 degrees. Any advice about good surgeons in this area? Thanks a lot!

psv1990

Comment

Hey I am new here too, I had my surgery this past summer in San Antonio. I would highly recommend Dr. James Simmons at the South Texas Spinal Clinic. He did a good job and his office was very easy to work with.
      20 y/o male, had the fusion to "straighten my act up", and just trying to have a normal life again.

Comment

Great Austin, TX surgeon!!!

Hi all,

I currently live in Austin and have found a great surgeon by the name of Dr. Matthew Geck. He is at Spine Austin located off of 2244 (Bee Caves Rd.). I highly recommend him. His staff is amazing and so far I have no complaints. My surgery is coming up in just a few weeks so I'll try to keep ya'll posted on how it goes!

Good Luck
        ~Allison~

23 y/o

49* Thoracic
        56* Lumbar

Posterior Spinal Fusion T4 to L4
        Surgery scheduled for May 18, 2009

Dr. Matthew Geck
        Austin, TX

Comment

Drs. Von Rueden (my surgeon) and Geck at AustinSpine are both superb. There are also very well-regarded surgeons in Dallas and Houston, but for those in Austin, I'd try Von Rueden or Geck first.

Comment

By the way, for anyone in Austin: there's a "Bar Crawl for Scoliosis" fundraiser on Sunday, May 3, to raise money for the National Scoliosis Foundation. Learn more here:

http://www.barcrawlforscoliosis.org/09austincrawl.html

Comment

Wow Dave! I read your book! I wish I could go to the bar crawl, that sounds fun! Your book helped us to make the decision to go ahead and get the surgery over for my daughter on May 28. She is 14 and beautiful inside and out! Thanks for writing a great book!
              Becky

Comment

Working...
              X