new plastic brace hurts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new plastic brace hurts

it goes to high under my arms. any ideas how to relieve the pain. i got an apt in 9 days to shave it down. but until then i donot know what to do. i just got it 1 hr ago. i hate it already...

Hey

Hello
    I understand what ya feel. I wore a body brace for 18 months. At first it will hurt. My orthodist put a pad under my arms to help. It still hurt and would cut my circulation off... lol It will get better, I promise! For now...maybe try a bandaid if it is a little area. If it is a bigger area maybe a soft towel? I know they are tight and don't allow much room. My tummy would pop out the front if I ate to much! lol So, they put in a belly pad to help to keep that from happening! lol It helps you loose weight wether you need to or not! lol Anyway...hope this helps and that you get some relief soon!!! Will be thinking of you! Any other questions or concerns you can PM me.
    Diagnosed in '06'
    Wore TLSO brace for 18 mo.
    Upper curve 40 degrees; lower 35 degrees
    Surgery in March '08' (T6 - T11)
    Rods for 7 vertabraes; 3 fused
    Still have lumbar curve (T12 - L4) of now, 33 degrees
    I have osteoarthritis, 3 bulging discs, stenosis, fast progressing lordosis, vertebrea twisting (vertebreas almost on side) all in lumbar spine. Will most likely have another surgery to extend rods and fusion. :'(

Comment

maybe you can put those craft foam sheets kinda cover up the edge with it so it's not as sharp until you get it shaved down
      30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
      2005 - T50, L31
      bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
      2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
      Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Working...
      X