This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPINECOR BRACE - 59 yr old

Last edited by mamamax; 04-17-2009, 09:43 PM.

Spinecor adults

Did insurance cover any of the costs?

Comment

Originally posted by GHD1959 View Post
      Did insurance cover any of the costs?
      Hi GHD!

Well - we'll see. Insurance company is United Health Care and since i have to go out of network, they tell me they will only cover 60%. I had to pay the full amount up front and will be reimbursed. I'm told that this typically takes 30 days. Have lots of chatter going on about my experience under the thread Spinecor Adult Users.

Comment

Insurance

I also have United Healthcare and would be very interested in if you do get covered for part of your expenses. I think if pain can be decreased wearing the brace and following the exercises its worth it, since most people have such negative comments about Adult Spinecor. Hey its worth a try instead of having numerous surgeries. I am a 49 year old male with a 55 degree curve. Thanks Again and I look forward to reading more about your journey.....

Comment

Last edited by mamamax; 04-17-2009, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mamamax View Post
            Some do seem to express some rather negative viewpoints regarding adult use of this brace ... guess that is largely due to the fact that most people have trouble dealing with any kind of change - or things that shake their stable data.
            I suggest you consider the negative comments are fueled not by a difficulty with change but by the complete and total lack of evidence for any brace permanently reducing a curve in adults.

There is medicine that is driven forward by evidence.

Then there is woo-woo that does not enjoy envidence (at least to date) and for which folks must settle for faith that it will somehow work, sometimes as against known biology.

Spinecor permanently improving adult spines (or even kids' spines) is in the latter category until they pony up some rigorous evidence.
            Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
            Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
              I suggest you consider the negative comments are fueled not by a difficulty with change but by the complete and total lack of evidence for any brace permanently reducing a curve in adults.

There is medicine that is driven forward by evidence.

Then there is woo-woo that does not enjoy envidence (at least to date) and for which folks must settle for faith that it will somehow work, sometimes as against known biology.

Spinecor permanently improving adult spines (or even kids' spines) is in the latter category until they pony up some rigorous evidence.
              Evidence is there - it is just not mainstream or common knowledge. It will be years until enough data is gathered, categorized, scientifically analyzed, etc, and published. In the mean time there is only little hints of information available ... enough so that i personally see hope. What are we without hope, regardless of "evidence"? I'm keeping an open mind and find there is much evidence to support that i do so. As for woo-woo pink and purple stuff ... interestingly enough even that works for some - a curious thing.

Comment

Evidence is there - it is just not mainstream or common knowledge.
                That's what the astrologers, alchemists, and young earth creationists say and yet they are all wrong also.
                Last edited by Pooka1; 04-16-2009, 03:37 PM.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Mamamax I hope your hopes and dreams comes true.

I for one though absolutely have to agree with Pooka1, we are definately on the same wave length, as far as all this is concerned and she states so eloquently what I feel so passionate about,a lot better than I ever could.

Regards
                  Mackyxx
                  Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
                  Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

Originally posted by macky View Post
                    Mamamax I hope your hopes and dreams comes true.

I for one though absolutely have to agree with Pooka1, we are definately on the same wave length, as far as all this is concerned and she states so eloquently what I feel so passionate about,a lot better than I ever could.
                    Thanks but I bet you could do just as well. Maybe it's just for lack of trying on your part.

I'm serious. Anyone who understands the issues can usually spit them out in reasonable form.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Last edited by mamamax; 04-17-2009, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Please see the first thread the poster started on this topic...

Pam

(Oh, please ... I'll upload all the saved threads she erased to box.net - and change the links so all can see. A shiil's a shill, and her words will stand. Mamamax? Do you think you're the first of your ilk?)
                        Last edited by txmarinemom; 04-18-2009, 12:32 AM.
                        Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
                        AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
                        Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
                        Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                        EMAIL ME

Comment

You are invited out of this forum

Last edited by mamamax; 04-17-2009, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Did you realize the current vice president and CEO of the National Scoliosis Foundation (which provides this forum) has three children using the Spinecor brace. That is HUGE. He has been quoted as saying that the brace - "does what it is supposed to do". http://www.spinecorbrace.biz/

What do you think of that?[/COLOR][/B]
                            Unless he's been demoted, Joe is President, not VP.

And, regardless of the fact that Joe might have 3 kids in Spinecor braces (which is probably true, but may be a result of his being employed by Spinecor for some time), putting kids in the Spinecor brace is different than putting adults in one.

--Linda
                            Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                            Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

By the way, from that same website:

"The brace has been used on adults for only about two years, the goal being pain relief not straightening since the spine is mature."
                              Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                              Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
                              X