Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I`m wearing my brace for 3 years

HI,

I am new at this forum. I am 18 years old and I am living in Germany.( Please Excuse my spelling mistakes, but my English isn`t the best)
    My scoliosis was discoverd when I was 15 years old. I had 24° and i got a back brace. The Problem was that the brace didn`t work, it was really rubbish. 2 month later I already had 33° and I got a new brace. This one corrected my scoliosis to 0°. Now I have already my 4th brace and I am doing since 2 years Schroth exercises. Last year I had a x-ray controll and after two weeks without the brace I only had 19° left. In July I will have another controll and when my curvater is around 10° or less I can start taking off the brace slowly.

Arles

Welcome! It sounds like your brace has been doing a good job. It must feel good to know that you are almost finished with bracing. Thanks for posting, I think it will help other teenagers who are only starting to wear their braces to see others who have had success and are nearly finished.
    daughter, 12, diagnosed 8/07 with 19T/13L
    -Braced in spinecor 10/07 - 8/12 with excellent in brace correction and stable/slightly decreased out of brace curves.
    -Introduced Providence brace as adjunct at night in 11/2011 in anticipation of growth spurt. Curves still stable.
    -Currently in Boston Brace. Growth spurt is here and curves (and rotation) have increased to 23T/17L

Comment

Hello, it sounds like you are managing you health very well. I hope you continue to improve. Which brace are you currently using?

Comment

Hello,

I am wearing a brace made of Rahmouni. Did you all ready hear about these braces on this board?

Greetings
        Arles

Comment

2 years

I have to wear mine for 2 whole years and hoping that this is a nightmare.
          SmileyGirl8
          T30
          Got my brace on March 21,2009
          Age 12
          <3

Comment

Working...
          X