Less then 24hrs now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less then 24hrs now

I can't believe we are in the last day. Trying to keep busy today to keep my mind of it (ya right). My house is clean, laundry done and going for groceries for the lucky ones that get to stay home. One issue which all you girls will get, Danielle is very upset she started her friend yesterday and is very self concious about this how do we deal with this one with the cathater how does that work? I know most of us for some reason on this forum are women so didn't think out of the question to ask.
    Catherine
    Mom of 14 year old Danielle
    T45 degree curve Feb 2008
    T47 degree curve May 2008
    T50 degree curve Sept 2008
    Surgery Nov 24th 2008
    Ontario, Canada

Catherine,

I was also lucky like Danielle, with my 'friend.' I was so upset about it going in, but I hardly noticed it. When I changed for surgery, they gave me a pad and these goofy litle mesh disposable underwear to put on. After surgery, I had a catheter for 3 days, but we used my own underwear and my own pads from home. The nurses took care of things for me down there. It really wasn't so bad. By time I left the hospital, it was nearly over, and believe it or not, my 'friend' has not made another appearance yet, even though I'm past due. I think I've read here that sometimes it stays away for a few months, which is just FINE with me.

You and Danielle will both be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. Will you be able to give us an update? You know how we all worry if we don't hear anything

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

I will update as soon as I can. It will most likely be Tuesday before I come home and can post so I will update then. I am sure I will be on here 2000 times today as this is the only place that people 100 percent get what I am going through.
      Catherine
      Surgery Nov 24th 2008
      Ontario, Canada

Comment

Feel free, Catherine--we're here for you, and we'll be waiting for news.

Mary Ellen

Comment

Thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Please do check in when you can and let us know how it's going!

Comment

Thanks
            Mary Ellen how is Sidney doing and when do you go home?
            Catherine
            Surgery Nov 24th 2008
            Ontario, Canada

Comment

We got home early yesterday evening. The trip went well; Sidney had some pain meds yesterday, but none for over 24 hours now. He is resting very comfortably and has been up walking quite a bit today. For a full account of the trip, see the Hey WNCmom! thread.

Hang in there tomorrow--it will be a long day for you, but just ride the wave and you'll get through it. You'll do fine.

Mary Ellen

Comment

Just a reminder with the cathater, when they take it out be ready incase of an accident. My daughter was on the pain meds and was still a little loopy. Accident #1, she awoke once from sleep a few hours after it was removed and had forgotten it was taken out. Accident #2, I couldn't get her out of bed fast enough because she had the IV, a chest tube, and the oxygen tubing on, let me just say I was happy I had a second pair of shoes with me.
                It's not something one thinks about, but it can happen to anyone.

Emily

Comment

Working...
                X