Pant crisis!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pant crisis!!!

Please help, I have to wear a boston brace and none of my pants fit over it. All of my ugly pants that do fit over it fall down imediatly. I can't wear pants that fit under my brace because what about when you need to go to the bathroom? Please give me some advise, I am 12 1/2 and we have a dress code so I can't wear short shorts. they have to be 3 inches above the knee or lower. I also can't wear baggy pants and sleevless shirts. I love to shop at wet seal and aeropostale, (no hollister or abercrombie) just good clothes at a good price. I

well, go to old navy and buy some jeans there. don't get the skin-tight ones though. get the ones that are a little lose. (they aren't real baggy.) also, try the brand "laser jeans". they are hip huggers, but they work for me with a scarf belt tied into a double knot, pretty tight. (you will be able to untie it afterwards tho.)

let me know if it helps!

~~val
    Valerie

Hi, my name is Valerie, but you can call me Val or V.
    I wore a Boston Brace from 2007-2010
    My curves were 30 and 31
    I now have only a single curve which stands at 35 degrees.
    I owe all of my blessings to The Lord!
    I am very thankful with where my spine is at right now.
    I want to meet some new people on this forum!
    Don't be shy...
    Feel free to message me if you would like to chat!

Comment

I really suggest just wearin them under, it works wonders, and if it takes long in the bathroom...who cares? Just tell your mom to get a note or something so that you can go to the bathroom and have time to fix your brace. Good luckk.
      Danielle
      14 Freshwoman
      December 1st got no head the boston brace
      Pre Brace Curves:18C 25T 30L
      In brace curves: (1/23/08) 16C 20T 22L
      In brace Curves: (5/21/08) 19C 19T 15L
      We're Bringing CURVY BACK

Comment

My son always wore elastic waist pants and shorts while he had his brace. They can be hard to find for older kids but we usually had success at Target or from Lands End (catalog or at Sears).

Good luck,
        Laurie

Mother of Alexander & Zachary:
        Alex is 16 years old and in the 11th grade. He has congenital scoliosis due to a hemivertebrae at T10. Wore a TLSO brace for 3 1/2 years. Pre-op curves were T45 & L65; curves post-op are approx. T31 & L34. Had a posterior spinal fusion from T8 to L3 on 7/12/07 at age 12. Doing great now in so many ways, but still working on improving posture.
        Zach is 13 years old and very energetic.

Comment

I understand your delema. My son wears pants under the brace, which actually makes for perment plumber's crack. My daughter wears clothing over hers, which means buying sizes bigger and needing belts, otherwise they'd fall off.
          I think your mom or dad needs to talk with the principal and explain your problem. Maybe they can make an exception, like wearing sweat pants instead of traditional button pants. There are some better quality pairs out there that might work. Yes, this will make you different, but at least your pants will stay on.
          Emily

Comment

Thanks you guys! School starts tomarow. I got some shorts that fall down, but I don't have any belts . I got some jeans to go under and they are perfect! I still need to get some more pants.

Comment

You could try The Gap - they have jeans, shorts and cotton pants that have adjustable waists (on the inside of the pant waist) and a variety of sizes from slim to regular to plus.

Ruth
              Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

hey
                when i started wearing my brace the first thing was to buy pants that were about two-three sizes bigger than my usual ones... well i wen from size 3 to 7 i believe... but a belt really helps!!!! it keeps yo pants from sliding sown..though it might slide like a half inch..they do anyway even if you dont have a brace.
                GOOD LUCK!!
                Mák Veronika
                14 yr.o. girl 9th grade
                40T
                54L
                +rotation
                Boston Brace since December 2005
                Location in Florida

I play flute.
                I LOVE ROCK!!!!!

Comment

Pants...

I had a body cast as a teen after my surgery 28 years ago and the only thing that worked for me was maternity pants with the elastic band at the top. They gave the needed room at the waist and hips while still fitting properly in the legs and stayed up. Then I would wear a long shirt to hide the band at the top of the pant.

Comment

Working...
                  X