Very nice people us scoli kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice people us scoli kids

Just wanted to say .. as a group we very nice people.

I haven't been here in two years but my, everyone is so nice and compassionate to each other.

None of us doubt each other's pain, fears, worries.

I am 45 now, and NOW I can come to somewhere like here and not get depressed? I used to get nauseated but tonight I just admire you all.

understand? You didn't nauseate me before I just even in my forties had a difficult time dealing with it.

I want to be free of it forever but that's not realistic any more so whatever. I may not think of it every day but here I am, 45 and having some physical troubles. I wanted to think of it as normal old age but that is bull crap. Our doctors did the best they could and I will forever be grateful I am not a hunchback.
    Traction at 13, body cast 1 mos., Milwaukee, first plastic (severe allergy, abdomen skin burst, watery) then leather. Harrington Rod @ 15, 9 mos body cast, hips up. 9 more mos being careful and protective. Degenerated disc C4-5 I think well above the rod. Degenerated disc below the rod now? Probably.

Hi ck43! What a nice post! I'm glad you have a pretty positive attitude in spite of your challenges. Yes, it would be nice if it could all just go away, but that's not how life goes, is it? It's how we meet our challenges and move on with our lives that's important. Good to have you back posting with us. Take care!
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Hello ck I'm one of the newer posters here, and like you I feel this is a great place. It really is nice to have people that understand how we feel. So welcome back and keep posting!

Brad
      Surgeries July 26th & August 3rd 1983 (12 years old)
      Still have 57 degree curve
      2 Harrington rods
      Luque method used
      Dr David Bradford
      Twin Cities Scoliosis Center
      Preop xray (with brace on)
      Postop xray

Comment

Thanks Brad and Susie. Sorry I was a pill (I really wasn't) two years ago.

I really was not a pill but was too serious. I mention degenerated discs and it was like everyone was in a panic (they probably weren't).

I mention an MRI and I am going to fry for sure (we must understand that ... we kids been through a lot?)

I'll be back. Maybe not every day, but I got alot to give to our "community."

Including what I just wrote. Why be in denial? Degenerated discs above and below fusion. It's not I'm... in denial. hah! It's not like it's going to happen to everyone here either with Harrington rods. hah!

The physical therapist helped me the most in some ways. He looked at my MRI, didn't really care where my problems came from. Can you dig it? He just wanted to do his job. He had no curiosity beyond how close my little "clamps" are impinging on my spinal cord. (clamps are vertebrae without cartilage)

Hm... as nice as my post has been I sense latent issues. So what. WE don't have them? Here's a funny. In the last year I realized oh geez, that's why it's different shaving left arm to right arm pit. Please laugh? There's reason to go horizontal on one side. All these years I have blamed myself and "impatience." hah!
        Traction at 13, body cast 1 mos., Milwaukee, first plastic (severe allergy, abdomen skin burst, watery) then leather. Harrington Rod @ 15, 9 mos body cast, hips up. 9 more mos being careful and protective. Degenerated disc C4-5 I think well above the rod. Degenerated disc below the rod now? Probably.

Comment

Hey Brad? I think you may remember me.

I opened up a conversation about embarrassing (stupid!) things done to us in our youth involving the medical community, e.g. not needing underwear for x-rays? Not needing underwear for our first molding of our brace?

I am the girl who was allergic to her Milwaukee brace and ended up with leather.

There was another girl who saved herself by using her foot?

Been awhile.

I was the one with the call button left where I couldn't get it. The other girl did I think with her foot? Can't remember except I think we talked before.

Comment

Working...
          X