new set-up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new set-up...

Hi! Just been exploring a little with the new set-up that the techies gave us on the forum... This is the only forum I've ever been part of, so anything "new" is "foreign" to me!

I don't quite understand what some of the new things are-- like visitor messages. I looked under FAQs and gathered that they are public rather than private-- but where do they show up- and do they go away or stay forever???

It makes me both laugh and feel sad when I go into my profile-- or someone else's-- and see that we have not made any friends yet... That sure made me feel lonely!!! We'd better get busy! Great Scott! And all this time I thought I had a bunch of friends... that'll show me! What benefit is it to have people listed as friends? And what in tarnation is the "social group" stuff about? Do you just make up a group of people you have in your supposed circle of friends? And what is the purpose? Just to do group PMs or something?

So someone who knows what all this new stuff is about, please enlighten those of us who don't! I'm afraid to try it out-- and post some dumb (unwanted!) visitor message that will be seen by everyone on some poor soul's profile page or worse. (Yes, I do dumb posts all the time, but no one gets stuck with having it under their name forever, so there's a difference!) Of course, someone else is more than welcome to post one to me...

Well, I'm off to school to try to get more ready. It starts in 1 1/2 weeks... Oh, where did the time go???
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

LOL Susie. I'm not sure if I did it right, but I think I just requested that you be my friend. BWHAAHAA!!! These things crack me up.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Is anyone else having problems with this site now?

I just started a new thread and when I clicked on Preview Post, the site told me I was not logged on and I know I was. When I tried to log on again, my computer kind of went crazy, and I don't think there is anything wrong with our computer. Finally, I hit the back button and my post came up just fine. Wierd, huh? I also wish this site had a spell checker. Sally
      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Susie*Bee - I didn't realize that these features were added! Now I'm curious as well. Got a laugh out of yours posting - thanks! Lynn

Loves to Skate - I had problems yesterday as well but today's okay. I couldn't even get into the forum and then when I did, I received a message saying someone was trying to get into the forum with my name and it was ME! Oh well, looks like it's fixed (for me anyway). Lynn
        1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
        2000 Partial Rod Removal
        2001 Right Scapular Resection
        12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
        06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

Who knows?! Maybe those aren't new features but I just didn't see them before... But I AM sure some of them are new! (I think!) Hahahaha!

I think once the new set up started we all had to go back and log on to access our stuff. Like-- if you're not logged on, the category that we usually see as "new posts" says "today's posts"-- and of course other aspects of the site aren't available either. Maybe you weren't really logged on when you tried to post, Sally. Only members can post-- so then it did its tricky stuff and went wild while logging you on. Anyway, it worked, even though strangely.

Yes, Debbe-- I'm glad we're friends now! But I'm wondering if others can see the visitor message you wrote me now if they go to my profile. Someone try that out and let us know.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Also-- did you notice that private message notifications are different-- if you have enabled notification of a PM through email, then the whole PM message now comes in your email notification...

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Yes Susie, I was able to view your visitor message.
              Patty 51 years old
              Surgery May 23, 2007(43 Birthday)
              Posterior T3- L4
              Pre surgery curves
              T-53degrees
              L-38degrees
              and a severe side shift to the right.
              Post surgery curves
              Less than 10 degrees
              Surgery April, 2006
              C4 - C6

Comment

Thanks, Patty. Now we know-- they are definitely public!

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Originally posted by sccrm08 View Post
                  Yes Susie, I was able to view your visitor message.
                  Oh well in that case I should probably edit my goofy message

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
                  Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
                  Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
                  Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
                  Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Let's keep experiementing!

Debbe--LOL! But I am curious if you actually can do that-- or if I can remove it or not myself... So, why don't you see if you can edit it. Later I'll see if it's possible for me to do anything with it. I'm leaving pretty soon and will be gone for the rest of the day.

You know, there is probably someone out there who understands all of this, but until they tell us, we might as well "explore" what the possibilities are!

DRAT! You already deleted it!
                    Last edited by Susie*Bee; 07-31-2008, 09:09 AM.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Google vBulletin User Guide (or something similar).

vBulletin is the forum software they just ugraded (evidently in the week I haven't logged on ... it was eons behind, and I see the User CP issue is finally resolved). When you Google for user tips, be sure to look for the version running here now (the actual latest and greatest) ... 3.7.2.

That's why you're seeing all the new features. They weren't there in the version running here before.

Regards,
                      Pam
                      Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
                      AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
                      Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
                      Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                      EMAIL ME

Comment

Thanks for the info, Pam. You're a goldmine of tech stuff.

Now if I can just find the time to read it, that will help! Life has all of a sudden gotten so hectic for me with getting ready for school/my job. Oh well! I'm just so glad I can do what I can! I have one week of freedom left, but it is being eaten up by getting ready for school-- and other things like regular doctor and dentist appts. (Why didn't I think of getting those out of the way even sooner?)

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Hi,

Every time I try to post, I get a message that I am not logged on even though I am. Is any one else having this problem? Sally
                          Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                          Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                          Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                          Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                          New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                          Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Sally-- I only had that problem the first time after they switched. I wonder if there's something you need to click on that says to keep you logged on... anyone know? It would be a pain to have to log on every time! I keep the forum as one of my tabs I have made for my internet connection (2 news ones, google reader, and the forum)... I don't know if that affects how it leaves me or not-- or it always opens to the spot where I'm already logged on. Good luck!

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Working...
                            X