Is my brace too tight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my brace too tight?

I just went back to my brace doctor two days ago and she gave me new straps, like usual she put a mark on them. My question is, is it a bad thing to already have my straps past that mark by 3-4 inches? I think it's just that I'm used to having my brace on uber tight. And it feels VERY wierd and like it's not effective if I have it on to where she marked it. I think it should be okay, because when I get my xrays she tightens the brace as much as possible. Comments and Suggestions welcome!!!
    Danielle
    14 Freshwoman
    December 1st got no head the boston brace
    Pre Brace Curves:18C 25T 30L
    In brace curves: (1/23/08) 16C 20T 22L
    In brace Curves: (5/21/08) 19C 19T 15L
    We're Bringing CURVY BACK

You need to tell your parents and have them call the person who made the brace. That way you'll know for sure if what you are doing is correct.

Mary Lou
    Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Kay thanks :-)
      Danielle
      14 Freshwoman

Comment

i do that too! please let me know if that is ok because i do it too!! i wear a providence brace so its only when i sleep. i have it so tight that the bottom is completely closed! i cannot close the top all the way or i will not be able to breathe and it will crush my ribs. so anyway please let me know as i do it too!!!

I'm bringing curvy back

Comment

I have had my brace for nearly 4 months and find I am almost 2inches tighter on the straps . It feels more comfortable being tighter and it does not rub so much as it cannot move .
          My orthotist said to wear it as tight as possible without it being too uncomfortable .

Comment

kk :-) I thought it was alright anyway-

oh and if yours is closed on the bottom, thats kk just make sure you schedule an appt. with your orthotist because she will cut that part off of the brace. :-) She did that to mine once. It was overlapping in back.
            Danielle
            14 Freshwoman

Comment

Hey - my brace has felt tight before too. It's just because you're growing, if that's what you're wondering. If your doctor says you'll be done with the brace really soon (1-3 months), then don't worry about having it adjusted unless it is really painful and unbearable. Otherwise, have your parents call the people who made your brace so they can adjust it to your needs.
              braceyourself.

Comment

i went to the doctor about a week ago and asked her about wearing the brace too tight. like ElleBelleCurvz said i am going next week to get it shaved off some so i can maybe close it tighter.

I'm bringing curvy back

Comment

Brace too tight at night?

Okay, i am (hopefully) getting my brace reduced to just nights in a few weeks. but every morning when I wake up, my back hurts. do you think I need a new brace for nighttime wearing? My orthotist is in Washington DC and I live in Milwaukee, WI so we really have to make the decision soon so we can get plane tickets. any thoughts?
                  Hey, so I'm Rebecca, I'm 20 and I wore a Boston Brace for one year, and then a Cheneau brace for 5+ years. The Cheneau changed my life. I now am out of brace full time!!!! Its amazing. For all my scoli-girls (and guys of course) hang in there - the day you get your brace off is the best feeling ever. All the years of wearing it won't matter when that day comes. amo vobis!

"DUX FEMINA FACTI (The leader of the deed was a WOMAN!)"
                  -Virgel

Comment

regarding your need for another brace, you should probably consult with your orthotist as to what he/ she thinks is going on..
                    good luck, my 14 year old daughter can't wait to start the "nights only" regime

Comment

Working...
                    X