Mom to two girls (4 and 5 years old) just diagnosed with scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi MariaF

Yes I recently started to have second thoughts about my own scoliosis and I honestly am very upset with myself that i haven't taken care of my back. The main reason for cancelling my surgery two years ago was to try alternative treatments before going under the knife but that just didn't happen. I blame everything on time and that I just dont have the time these days. I leave home at 7am and return at 6pm to deal with kids and homeworks. Weekends fly by and my husband is just never home bec he works two jobs. So, I just let the two years go by and didn't do anything about my back.

Well, back to the girls, i am very excited about meeting Dr. Betz and Janet is amazing! I think we should definetely get together with you and meet each other. If you don't have anything this coming Saturday, maybe we can meet together with our families somewhere for dinner? Sunday we have a party to attend so if anything Sunday afternoon is also good for us. This would be nice since we can also get heads up about Shriners and about their great care!

Thanks!

Mariya
    30 yrs, mom to two girls ages 9 and 7
    8/9/04 - 18* thoracic and 42* lumbar
    3/7/06 - 22* thoracic and 45* lumbar (38*kyphosis)
    4/8/08 - 38* thoracic and 50-52* lumbar (54* kyphosis)

2007 - Scheduled surgery but cancelled due to no major health issues at the time.
    2011 - Back pain, spasms, sciatica, difficulty doing any physical work/activities w/o following back pain and spasms. Revisiting surgery decision and soon to schedule a doctors appointment to determine the progression since 2008.

Comment

Hi Mariya,

Why don't you e-mail me and we'll work something out. We have another commitment around 6 p.m., but if you are open to a late lunch on Saturday that might work

If not, let's just chat and plan for something in the VERY near future! I would really love to meet your family.
      mariaf305@yahoo.com
      Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
      Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Working...
      X