Scoliogold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boogaloo View Post
    I agree with flerc here. I am sure I have read several studies stating that well balanced double curves progress less on average and patients have less pain and also that lumbar curves progress more because thoracic spine is more rigid and has ribs and sternum which are holding it in place. Also I am sure I have read one or two studies showing completely opposite...mehh.
    Progression is one thing. People get fused for pain also. So to focus on just halting progression may not matter in decreasing surgeries.

This area of research is very difficult. The only way to approach it is with skepticism at this point.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

The problem here is that because it is difficult to get evidence for pt reducing curves medics don't offer it for pain relief either. Even when they do you find the physio is clueless about what sort of physio to offer. Physio shave no interest in scoliosis because research is limited and so we have a medical condition where the patient has no treatment if surgery is refused. how is this acceptable!

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
        No.

Yes.

We also have a present member with a large stable T curve.
        May you say me who is?

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
          May you say me who is?
          Why?

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Because I want to talk with someone with a curve over 50º not progressing and not being a double curve or only a lumbar curve. Is not something simple to find.

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
              Because I want to talk with someone with a curve over 50º not progressing and not being a double curve or only a lumbar curve. Is not something simple to find.
              She hasn't posted for years. She posted on this thread a long time ago.

We have people NOW who fit that category you mention who are posting. Why don't you talk to them?

What could you possibly learn by talking to these people?

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
              X