we just got our first brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we just got our first brace

We got our first brace late last week and my daughter is actually liking it right now! She says she sleeps like a log and her back pain during the day is diminishing. It was getting so bad that she pretty much had pain whenever she moved. Her only complaint is having to go to the bathroom more often...she has the providence brace and wears it only at night. She also has reason to be tucked in at night now for the next 5-7 years! (she says she can't cinch the brace by herself) Hopefully, this brace will hold her curves and her check up in october won't show any progression. Keep your fingers crossed!

I'm glad things are going so well, and hope the brace does the trick!

Comment

That's great. My daughter finds more reasons to be mommy's little girl with her brace too. I'd rather have that than the moody tween days. Good uck with it.
      Emily

Comment

im glad

good for your daughter that she likes wearing her brace!most kids ABSOLUTELY hate their brace and stay quiet.they dont feel comfortable talking about it at all. When i got my first brace (it was a boston brace, too), i felt invinsible with it on. it was my "suit of armor," and a "corset" combined! i got a habit of freaking out the other kids with it and telling them to knock on it. wearing a brace isn't all bad as you can see.

bon chance!
        (good luck)

~Hannah~
        AKA: cactigirl96
        Hey guys!
        My name is Hannah, I'm 14 years old, and I had a spinal fusion on 8/27/09
        I feel great now!
        Pre-op = 28T and 45L
        Post-op = 18T and 22L

Comment

Working...
        X