Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chi-mama update

Hi All,

Susan is doing well and 2nd surgery IS tomorrow (Fri) at 10:00 am.
    Matt said she is up walking everyday. She says she is uncomfortable but he said she doesn't act like it! He thinks part of it is due to her being in bed for the past 4 days. She is better when she gets up and moves around. He will let me know how it goes tomorrow and I will pass on the news. Keep her in your thoughts, she knows we are rooting for her. Suzy

No 2nd surgery yet.

Hello all,

I just received a call from Matt and talked to Susan too! She DID NOT have her 2nd surgery on Friday. They put her under and she went into arrhythmia. Her heart beats per minute went up to 160 -180. The Cardiologist that was called to check her out "felt the central line changed her heart beat." (I tried to put it into basic English, Matt being a paramedic, went all medical on me! LOL!) This is not normal but happens occasionally. She is FINE. They have her in ICU to keep an eye on her and she is still hooked up to all equipment, just waiting for Monday and her 2nd surgery.
    "She had to be different" I told her and she laughed about that. She is in good spirits. Said to say "Hi" to sparklegirl and thanks to everyone for all the love and support. She said she was very scared and confused when she first woke up but when she saw her Son and Daughter calmed down. Her 1st surgery went well and they did 4 levels with the minimally evasive XLIF procedure. Her Dr. is one of only a few doing this right now Susan said. She is still on schedule to have T10 -L5 fused. She was glad to hear that hadn't changed after the 1st surgery.

I hope I relayed all info accurately, I try to take notes as we talk... I will keep you informed.

Comment

Maybe she can walk her Chi now!

Sure glad to hear she is O.K. and holding her own. I see Suzy mentioned Sparklegirl, I haven't noticed any posts by her lately and the young lady was always posting lots of well wishes for folks. Did she have surgery or on vacation since school is out?

Comment

I received a PM from Pooka1 and sparklegirl's mom took her off the forum. Apparently the forum isn't "Christian" enough for her.
        Last edited by Suzy; 06-24-2008, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Well i went to bed tonight and was lying there thinking thru my list of people to remember .... Chi-Mama was strong on my mind and i couldn't rest until i got up and checked to see if anyone had an update on her. Suzy if you talk to her give her my best wishes. She's still on my list

Comment

She is on the other side!

O.K. all, I received a call from Matt Last night, He was running on four hours of sleep! RE: Susan's 2nd surgery, the Dr. told them it went perfectly with good correction. We should know to what degree today. She had an elevated heartbeat but not the arrhythmia that stopped the last attempt at her 2nd surg. She is ICU. She did have the same levels fused that they had planned, T10 to L5 so that is good news. She needed all the blood she and her 2 kids donated and is anemic, which is normal for that amount of blood given, (4 pints) per Matt. Matt and Sara (his sister) have been experiencing the drug induced comedy of Susan! For those of you not on the post-op side you get a bit loopy and you don't know what you are saying. My Daughter said she remembers me talking crazy... Don't worry you are not held responsible for drug induced statements! Susan is so fortunate to have such caring kids, keep them in your thoughts as well. Best wishes to all.

Comment

I'm so glad to hear that it went well!! Thanks for the update.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
              Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
              Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
              Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
              Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

I'm baaaaack ...

Yep, I talked to Susan Sunday and she was in good spirits (hilarious, and even more hilarious because she knew how out of it she was). I *think* she said she referred to me as Sparklegirl (if that ain't the sh**) and she didn't intend to.

I've talked to Matt maybe 7-8 times, but my cell service has been so spotty the last week. Think I'll call now ...

Pam
                Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
                AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
                Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
                Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                EMAIL ME

Comment

Pam, from now on, I'll always think of you as the universal "sparklegirl" of this forum.

Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                  Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
                  X