question about x-rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about x-rays

We are new to scoliosis. I have just received the x-rays to transport to the orthotic group and looked at them. The doctor estimated about a 10 degree increase in the last 6 months.

My question is this: could my daughter have been standing funny during the x-ray? She tends to stand with one knee bent and the other straight. Would this affect the x-ray?

Yes, and yes. Be sure you bring it up with your daughter's doctor.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

update-We had our appt with the orthodist and after looking at the x-rays, he said that yes, it could affect the curve but he did not believe it was is our case. He also said to bring it up to our pediatrician/ortho if we were still concerned. I feel better now.

He also said that he thinks my daughter stands this way BECAUSE of the scoliosis not the other way around.

thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
      X