im getting my first brace soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im getting my first brace soon

if i get a white brace can i get ingraved? do they give you a catolog for clothes? usualy i go to my nanas for a week in the summer-how small can you make it go? i am going to be fitted monday does anyone know how many choices do they give you for colors on your brace?

I understand that there are a number of colors and designs available but it probably depends on the orthotist you use and what he has available but be cautious as heard the colors tend to show more through clothing. What type of brace are you getting? There is also a good thread on here called dressing your curves. You are probably in luck somewhat as i just bought my 10 year old daughter a buch of tunics and leggings with light cami shirts. She does not have a brace but I would think this style would do well to wear over a brace. Try justice for girls.

Good luck with the fitting.

Comment

Is it a Boston Brace? I have one of those. If it is I will just warn you now, the first time you try it on you MIGHT cry because I did. It gets WAAAAAAAAAY easier to wear, I promise!

-Lexi -
      I wish I lived in a perfect world. . .

Comment

Originally posted by ksflynn5
        if i get a white brace can i get ingraved? do they give you a catolog for clothes? usualy i go to my nanas for a week in the summer-how small can you make it go? i am going to be fitted monday does anyone know how many choices do they give you for colors on your brace?
        Engraved...I dont know what you mean, like put your name in it? Im sure you could scratch it...but marks will mess with the brace's percentage of effectiveness..
        No, I didn't get a catalog of clothig, it was just me myself and i trying to figure out what to wear. Just make sure its high necks, thats the really only restriction. Unless you don't mind it showing...
        I can make mine go pretty small, but I would suggest that you wear it if you are going to the airport just take it off for the scan and tell them you need to wear it and then wear it on the plane. Car trips are horrible with it on, but you just need lots of pillows and may need to sit kind of laying down.
        I didn't get colors but they gave me like 12ish designs. So I just chose polkadots

Best of luck!
        Danielle
        14 Freshwoman
        December 1st got no head the boston brace
        Pre Brace Curves:18C 25T 30L
        In brace curves: (1/23/08) 16C 20T 22L
        In brace Curves: (5/21/08) 19C 19T 15L
        We're Bringing CURVY BACK

Comment

Since the topic came up...

So, since the topic of a catalog of clothes came up, I have a question. I will be deciding where to go to college soon, as well as what I want to do. The idea of being a business major has always interested me. I have worn a brace for 5+ years and was thinking it would be really cool to start a clothing company for braced patients, and patients with other prostheses, braces, etc. Any ideas/feedback/comments??
          Hey, so I'm Rebecca, I'm 20 and I wore a Boston Brace for one year, and then a Cheneau brace for 5+ years. The Cheneau changed my life. I now am out of brace full time!!!! Its amazing. For all my scoli-girls (and guys of course) hang in there - the day you get your brace off is the best feeling ever. All the years of wearing it won't matter when that day comes. amo vobis!

"DUX FEMINA FACTI (The leader of the deed was a WOMAN!)"
          -Virgel

Comment

i just got my acsess to this page so i had to use my moms.thanks for all the help i just got it friday it starts with a p and i sleep like a babby in it.

Comment

I am guessing that you just got your first brace? What type of brace did you get? Are you haveing any trouble getting used to it? As I recall you were asking about clothing to wear with it. Were you able to fin clothing to wear over your brace? What do you think about it? It great that you are able to sleep in it.

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X