Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just my two cents

Originally posted by Singer
    I wasn't happy with the nursing care I got at HSS and ended up hiring a private nurse during my 10-day stay there. It was a rough place, in my opinion. HOWEVER, what I liked about HSS is that it has one of the very lowest post-op infection rates in the country.
    I truly believe the reason this hospital has the lowest post-op infection rate in the country is because so many patients like yourself hire a private nurse because they hear from others about the abysmal nursing care. The patient then does not have as much contact with other staff members thereby cutting down the risk of acquiring an infection. Patients generally pick up infections from staff who do not wash their hands before touching the patient, so if your contact is mostly with a private nurse, that will undoubtedly minimize the risk for infection.

Comment

Originally posted by CHRIS WBS
      Perhaps this will help ease your mind.

http://www.healthgrades.com/consumer...&useragree=yes
      Chris,

Oh wow, it does ease my mind. I tell you, I have been just pouring over the internet and this is one I didn't find.

I think I just have to relax a little, read Dr. Neuwirth's book, go see Dr. Boachie on 6/5 and then I'll decide what to do. I have to stop making myself nuts.

Thanks so much,
      Debbe

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
      Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
      Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
      Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
      Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

I had anterior /posterior surgery at HSS. All in all, I felt my care was very good. I did not need a private nurse.
        Lynne

surgery Aug 2006/Boachie/Kim

Comment

Hi Debbe

I had surgery with Dr. N, both anterior and posterior, at Beth Israel. I am 11 months post-op, and I couldn't have picked a nicer dr and facility. After my surgery in July/07 my brother had hip replacement at Beth Israel in Sept/07.
          My son(16 yrs) needed knee surgery in March/08 and we also went to Beth Israel. WE have no complaint about the dr's, nurse's staff, and facility.

Good luck in whatever you decide
          Maria

Comment

Working...
          X