O-Arm- new ct for spine surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-Arm- new ct for spine surgery

I posted a little about this in another section, but I thought I woudl get more response on thsi one.
    The surgeons office called to tell me about a new type of CT that is being used in the operating room. It is called the O-Arm. There is only one in our state and it is at the hospital we are using. They woudl liek to use if for Skye's surgery. It allows the surgeon to see exact positioning of the instruments on the spine with live 3-d technology. It sounds like a good thing. They want to use it on her and the company wants to do a story on us about it. I told her I would allow it, but there can not be any unneeded people in the operating room with this. So I will met with the people before her surgery and see if we wil be interviewed on it.
    Anyone heard of this O-Arm or had it used for their surgery?

Originally posted by KJUNGRL2 View Post
    I posted a little about this in another section, but I thought I woudl get more response on thsi one.
    The surgeons office called to tell me about a new type of CT that is being used in the operating room. It is called the O-Arm. There is only one in our state and it is at the hospital we are using. They woudl liek to use if for Skye's surgery. It allows the surgeon to see exact positioning of the instruments on the spine with live 3-d technology. It sounds like a good thing. They want to use it on her and the company wants to do a story on us about it. I told her I would allow it, but there can not be any unneeded people in the operating room with this. So I will met with the people before her surgery and see if we wil be interviewed on it.
    Anyone heard of this O-Arm or had it used for their surgery?
    Yikes, thinking you must live in a relatively small state. They've been using O-arms for a lot of years.

I had an O-arm used during my surgery in January, and I'm guessing that most people (at least those that live in major metropolitan areas), have a good chance of having had it used on them during surgery. It's not commonly mentioned in the dictation, so I'm guessing that most people don't even know that it was done.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X