She's out of the brace!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's out of the brace!

We just got back from the orthopedist's office.

Her upper curve is 24 degrees and her lower curve is 16 degrees. The doctor said to expect that her curves may increase up to 5 degrees each over the next 6 months.

All the growth plates in her elbow have completely closed.

My dd is SO excited. She turned 15yo ten days ago.

That's great news! (time to go shopping.... )
    daughter, 12, diagnosed 8/07 with 19T/13L
    -Braced in spinecor 10/07 - 8/12 with excellent in brace correction and stable/slightly decreased out of brace curves.
    -Introduced Providence brace as adjunct at night in 11/2011 in anticipation of growth spurt. Curves still stable.
    -Currently in Boston Brace. Growth spurt is here and curves (and rotation) have increased to 23T/17L

Comment

My dd has had the shopping trip planned for several weeks. We're going out on Sunday to buy her all new clothes. In the brace, she wore a 16 plus. Out of the brace, she wears a 16 slim and even that is a little bit too big around the waist.

She's already pulled out all the clothes that have holes and she's going to have fun destroying them.

The 16-plus clothes that are still in good shape (most of them have holes though) are going to Goodwill.

Fortunately she does have some clothes that she can wear without the brace - just not many.

Comment

That is G R E A T! I'm so happy for her.
        I have the same problem, most of my clothes have holes, but the shirt I am wearing right now only has one, and fits me pretty well, so I can still wear it when my brace is gone in 35 days! I hope things go well for you all!
        braceyourself.

Comment

She's so LUCKY!
          I wish I lived in a perfect world. . .

Comment

Working...
          X