One week Post op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One week Post op

Today has been the first day I felt like posting again. My surgery was a week ago today. The surgery was definantly harder than expected. Very painful so I would difinantly not recommend it to any thinking about it soley for cosmetic reasons. I have a follow up next wed so I can get the details of the correction. I know he fixed my top two curves, bottom one should correct back to normal on its own but until that happens, I am a little swayed at my bottom hips. I don't remember very much about last week, I know the hardest thing for me has been keeping compfortable, if i am laying down, or sitting up, it is still tough no matter what. I have been able to keep my pain in check and I have finally got over my nausia. I threw up everyday from Tuedsday until this past monday, it really sucked. I am walking and resting and getting my appetite back so now i am really focused on recovery. I know I can do it and thanks for everyones support.
    Jamie Age 29
    Mother to a 6 year old daughter & an 11 month old baby boy.

2000 Curves - 28/40/32
    2008 Curves - 39/63/44
    Surgery Date - 3/25/08
    T4 - L1

63 degrees corrected to 15 degrees !

Hi Jamie,

Glad to hear that your nausea and sickness have passed and you are on the recovery road. It can be tricky getting on top of the pain at first so you are doing well. Good luck!

Anne
    Mum to Annessa, age 15
    53 degree thoracic curve down to 10 degrees.
    Date of surgery: 7th Feb 2008
    Edinburgh, Sick Kids
    Fused T4 - L1

Comment

Jamie,

I'm sorry you had so much pain and nausea. My daughter, Savannah, had surgery the day after you and had a similar experience in both regards. She was still a bit nauseous as of yesterday if she ate too much at once. I'm hoping today is better.

And she has trouble arranging the pillows so that she has support and is comfortable. I bought a wedge foam pillow and a roll type one but neither was good... the wedge was too firm and the roll was a bit too big to support her lumbar region when on her side. Sigh. She rolls and folds small blankets and positions the pillows minutely to get just the right arrangement and it is a very involved,time-consuming operation! But it's getting somewhat better, albeit slowly.

I hope you turn the corner soon. Stay positive.

sharon
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Dear Jamie-- it's good to see you feeling well enough to post! It's pretty rough, though, as those of us who have been "there" know. It will just keep getting better and better, even though it takes time sprinkled with a few bumpy days. Pretty soon you'll be able to look back and remember "when"... and realize how far you've come! You'll get there! In the meantime, just try to get as comfy as you can, change positions, keep up on your pain meds, do whatever helps/works, etc. Big hugs! Susie
        71 and plugging along... but having some problems
        2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
        5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
        Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
        CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
        10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Jamie,

So sorry to hear that you had such a tough time with pain and nausea. The good news is that it's all over and you can now concentrate on getting well and having a better quality of life.

Best,

Chris

Comment

Jamie, glad you're doing better and it will continue to get better as the weeks go on. Finding a comfortable place to sleep was the hardest for me but it does get better. good luck to you in your recovery, I know its hard but its worth it.

Comment

Hang in there Jamie, it only get's better!

Comment

Working...
              X