Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 14th Birthday, Nicole

Hi Everyone,

We are back from Florida and from our trip to Penn State. Nicole turns 14 today. She had a good time swimming in the pool and her scar was protected with sunscreen and zinc oxide. Tonight she is having a sleep-over party and on March 26th she is going back to dance--tap and ballet-doing only what she is allowed. Life goes on. Thanks for always being here and Happy Easter.
    Melissa
    From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
    Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

A very Happy Birthday to Nicole!! and its officially Spring, yeah!! Glad you had a good trip, she must have enjoyed swimming. Slowly but surely, things are getting back to normal. Joe turned 17 Wednesday where has the time gone?.....

Happy Easter to you,

Renee

Comment

Happy 14th Birthday to Nicole! I bet she looked fantastic in those new bikinis with her new straight back! I hope you took lots of pictures!

It might officially be Spring, but it sure doesn't feel like it here in NJ!

Happy Easter!
      Lori

Mom to Christopher, age 17, Mark, 13, Heather, 10 and Michael, 8
      Chris had surgery with Dr. John Flynn at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on December 12, 2007. He is fused T4 to L4.
      Dr. Flynn is an AMAZING surgeon!

Comment

It doesn't feel much like spring in NY either, Lori.

In any event, a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Nicole!!!

And here's hoping that warmer days (my kind of weather) are right around the corner.
        mariaf305@yahoo.com
        Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
        Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Happy Birthday to Nicole! And good luck next week when she goes back to dance. Let us know how it goes.
          daughter, 12, diagnosed 8/07 with 19T/13L
          -Braced in spinecor 10/07 - 8/12 with excellent in brace correction and stable/slightly decreased out of brace curves.
          -Introduced Providence brace as adjunct at night in 11/2011 in anticipation of growth spurt. Curves still stable.
          -Currently in Boston Brace. Growth spurt is here and curves (and rotation) have increased to 23T/17L

Comment

happy birthday!! ...and that is to all of you.

Comment

Birthday wishes to Nicole, and thanks for keeping us so well posted, Melissa.

Mary Ellen

Comment

Very Happy Birthday Wishes to Nicole! Glad you had a great time. Hope your sleep-over is fun, but not too much fun that your mom doesn't get any rest. I'm anxious to hear how dancing next week goes. You are doing great!
                Carmell
                mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Happy Birthday Nicole. Very glad you had a good holiday.
                  Ruth
                  Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

Ditto wishes!

Yes-- here's to a very happy birthday to Nicole! It's so exciting that she can return to dancing! And good luck tonight, Melissa! Somehow we get through these fun, but exhausting special events!
                    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Thanks all for the warm birthday wishes. Happy 17th birthday to Joe. Hopefully next week we can post a picture up. I agree with everyone that it doesn't feel like spring and we all can't wait for the warm weather to be here.
                      Melissa

Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Happy Birthday Nicole!!!!! Sleepovers - Yay!!! Without the brace!!! Elysia hated that so she'll be so happy when she has her first one too!!!!
                        Cyber Hugs
                        Del
                        xx
                        Elysia 16 in Feb 2010
                        Sydney - Australia
                        Feb 2008 Fused T5-L1 and 5 ribs removed.
                        Dec 2009 - Crankshafting
                        Dec 10 - Revision surgery...3 vertebrae taken down, hooks removed, at T11-L1 - screws inserted, fusion extended down to
                        L3 using Pedicle screws, some rib removed to try to derotate. Praying for things to settle.

Comment

Thanks, Del. I forgot to tell everyone that Nicole has stainless steel rods and screws and did not set off anything at Phila or Ft. Lauderdale airports. I was very happy. Off to pick up pizza.
                          Melissa

Comment

I hope Nicole had a really fun birthday and I'm glad (a little jealous) you all got to be in the sun in Florida. It's been a long, grey winter in Seattle and we are finally seeing some moments of sun but not enough yet. I can't wait to hear how the dancing goes...
                            Laurie

Mother of Alexander & Zachary:
                            Alex is 16 years old and in the 11th grade. He has congenital scoliosis due to a hemivertebrae at T10. Wore a TLSO brace for 3 1/2 years. Pre-op curves were T45 & L65; curves post-op are approx. T31 & L34. Had a posterior spinal fusion from T8 to L3 on 7/12/07 at age 12. Doing great now in so many ways, but still working on improving posture.
                            Zach is 13 years old and very energetic.

Comment

Working...
                            X