New brace??? READ THIS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New brace??? READ THIS!!!!

hey! i recently got a providence brace and i have some advice on sleeping in a brace! GET A MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS/MATRESS TOPPER! Trust me! the first couple nights w/ out the memory foam topper (it hadnt come in yet) i wore the brace for like an hour than had to take it off! the first night w/ the topper, i fell asleep in like half an hour and slept through the night! so yea memory foam helps! try it! it works really well! ive been sleeping in my brace all night every night since i got the topper! so yea thats my advice! any questions just ask! good luck to anyone who needs it!

I'm bringing curvy back

Memory Foam Mattress

Hi scoliodancer,

You and my daughter, scolioswimmer, have a lot in common. She has a new Providence brace from Feb 19, 2008 and we bought a MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS for our daughter and what a difference! It was delivered yesterday. She slept on it last night for the first time. I now have renewed faith that she will be able to tolerate the brace and maintain/stop the curves.

-12 yrs old
    -a swim team swimmer
    -curves right now: 33*T and 30*L
    -providence brace since Feb. 19 2008
    Last edited by camurray63; 03-08-2008, 01:41 PM.

Comment

thats great to hear! please tell her i wish her luck with her brace! im not sure if her orthotist did this, but mine put marks on the straps so that i know how tight to make it. theres a first, second and third tightness. after sleeping with it on the first tightness for a week, i put it on the second for the first time last night. i was still able to sleep through the night! so tell her theres hope! she will get through it!

I'm bringing curvy back

Comment

Wear the brace!

Scolioswimmer only wore the brace for six months, now:

42T
        36L
        December 2008

48T
        40L
        June 2009

Last edited by camurray63; 06-20-2009, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Hey! I heard the Memory foam works good. I am getting some memory foam for my bed. Hopefully, it will work out. I have a boston brace instead of providence brace. I heard it works with either one. Thanks for the tip!

-Haley
          I'm Haley.
          I have been dancing for 10 years.
          I have taken gymnastics for 1 year.
          I was diagnosed with scoliosis December 19, 2008.
          I have had a boston brace for a little more
          than a month.
          I have no idea what my curves are. I will ask my mom later.

I hope my brace works or else I will
          be really sad!!!!!

Comment

haha i totally tried to convince my parents to get me one and so did my grade school principal! they wouldn't get me one! I didn't have trouble sleeping or anything, but man a memory foam mattress would have been soooooo nice! you go girls!
            Hey, so I'm Rebecca, I'm 20 and I wore a Boston Brace for one year, and then a Cheneau brace for 5+ years. The Cheneau changed my life. I now am out of brace full time!!!! Its amazing. For all my scoli-girls (and guys of course) hang in there - the day you get your brace off is the best feeling ever. All the years of wearing it won't matter when that day comes. amo vobis!

"DUX FEMINA FACTI (The leader of the deed was a WOMAN!)"
            -Virgel

Comment

Kohl's dept store has the memory foam topper about 3 inches thick for $300 for a twin.

make sure you bring one of those coupons

Is that a good deal? how much are the mattresses?
              age 15
              Daughter diagnosed at age 13
              T20 l23 10-09
              T27 L27 1/2010

T10 L 20 in brace 4/2010
              T22 L25 12/2010 out of brace
              T24 L25 7/2011 out of brace

Type 1 diabetes- pumping
              Wearing a Boston brace and Schroth therapy
              Faith, Hope, and Love- the greatest of these is Love

Comment

I got a 2 1/2 Inch for a Double mattress at a Sam's Club for $89! Idk if the 1/2 inch less will make a difference or not. But I also haven't slept on it with my brace. haha actually, I haven't even gotten my brace yet. lol. But my mom read this thread and it actually got her to buy me one in advance so I don't have problems. Just wanted to tell you guys thanks! You really helped me win this argument with my parents!
                *Harper* *Smith*
                The Curves In My Life Are What Make Me, Me.
                Providence Brace Nighttime 10 Hours. Since July 20th 2010. Entering 8th Grade. 16 Countries Around The World Since 10 Years Old

Comment

Working...
                X