A poll about....ahem...you know....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A poll about....ahem...you know....

I'm just dying to know how long it took other post-op folks to get back into the swing (so to speak) of intimacy with their husbands/partners. I know there are variations on that theme, but I'm talking about doing "it" -- you know, the Full Monty, as it were. No need for details (unless you're dying to share them) -- I'm just really curious to know others' time-tables on this.

THANK YOU!
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Finally someone broaches THE subject. Hubby and I were curious but I couldn't figure out a great way to phrase it. Job well done
    2 60* curves, DDD, left trunk shift, some rotation, rib and lumbar humps, annular tear at L5-S1
    surgery 5/08 planning fusion T3 or T4 to sacrum with iliac fixation
    Dr. Anderson at Rothman Institute
    5/16/08 ALIF L1-L5
    5/23/08 fused T2-sacrum w/fixation and I'm all Titanium
    6/4/08 open all back up to clean out for Staph infection
    (left open with just clear dressing)
    6/6/08 recleaned and closed
    3/30/2012 revision planned, broken rod and removal of iliac bolts

Comment

I agree, I am glad you are asking this question. I have not had surgery yet but I have thought about this very same thing so I am curious to see what everyone's responses are !
      Jamie Age 29
      Mother to a 6 year old daughter & an 11 month old baby boy.

2000 Curves - 28/40/32
      2008 Curves - 39/63/44
      Surgery Date - 3/25/08
      T4 - L1

63 degrees corrected to 15 degrees !

Comment

Singer.....I just can't believe you had your correction in June and are only asking this now!! My surgery was Sept 20th, correction was T8 to sacrum and let's just say we didn't wait until New Years! I love the old saying if there is a will then there is a way.
        CarolS
        68 degree right lumbar scoliosis, mild kyphosis at L1-2
        Anterior/Posterior Correction, T8 to Sacrum, Sept 20th, 2007
        Osteotomy March 20,2008
        Thrilled with results!

Comment

If you do a search for "intercourse" there is a great thread from almost 2 years ago that is quite informative! BTW I am 2 1/2 months post op and that is the furthest thing from my mind. Then again there isn't a significant other in the picture so I would kind of need that first I would think!
          Geish
          47 years old, dx at 13
          +30* to the right, +60* to the left, +30* to the right
          Surgery 12-13-07 - fusion from T4 to sacrum.

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=267 Pre surgery
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=268 Post surgery
          http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/DSC01091.jpg Xray from the side
          http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1089-1-1-1.jpg Xray from the back

Comment

I probably shouldn't admit this, and it probably wasn't the smartest idea.... but it was only a few weeks post-op for me. I have to say i was more concerned about hurting myself than anything so I wouldn't recommend it! But the norm that i have read (that dr's say) is around 8 weeks.

Have fun!

Comment

Yes Carol, it's pretty pathetic, I know, but what can I say?? It's been a ROUGH recovery....!

I also wanted to add that if anybody feels more comfortable PM-ing me please have at it.

Thanks again !!!
              Chris

Comment

Chris---don't fret about this. Everyone is different on this. Like in OPRAH's audience when Dr. OZ is there & everyone raises their hand that they do it regularly!!! Ca mon!!!! Everybody's "regular" or "normal" is different!
                I won't say here, on the Wide World Web, but I had that big(& I mean big!) incision which was painful for quite a while. It was damned scary looking, so sure that affects one! It took me a while to get my Libido back too.....

Ly....
                Last edited by lelc2002@yahoo; 02-29-2008, 12:54 PM.

Comment

I'm with you Geish ... I'd need a "rental" to even test theories at this point ...
                  Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
                  AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
                  Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
                  Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                  EMAIL ME

Comment

It was around six weeks for me both times. I'll bet it will be even longer this time around!!! No big deal though for us since I have said all along that my husband "used most of it up" in his wild 20's! Which leads me to one of my other theories....(yes, I'm getting off track but pain drugs do that), we women seem to be the ones always lamenting that are husbands are not in the mood, NOT the other way around!

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks one and all for your public and private responses. It was enlightening, and I am reassured.

Chris
                      Chris

Comment

The thread "INTAMACY" started by Summer is QUITE informative and HILARIOUS! (6/9/06) I was a bit more reserved back then and sent her a pm with the how........ Not these days! LOL!

I was about 1 month out and my husband was afraid he would hurt me so I got him tipsy and called all the shots. ("Now you stand next to the side of the bed and I will lay here.....) The only problem with starting this activity sooner then later in your recovery is that your back muscles are still recovering and a big "O" can cause some muscle discomfort. (Not that you would notice till after you're done, hopefully!) May I suggest a pain pill prior the the main event?

Comment

Thanks Suzy, I had a feeling we'd hear from you!!
                          Chris

Comment

I asked my dr's nurse before surgery how long it would be and she said as long as I didn't break any rules, no bending, twisting, so on it could be whenever we wanted, so me and my husband was at 2 weeks. I know that is pretty soon but we weren't jumping of light posts or anything

Comment

I agree with Suzy, seems like the best position to avoid any discomfort. My husband is always afraid it will hurt me as well but would I keep coming back for more? I think not.
                              CarolS
                              68 degree right lumbar scoliosis, mild kyphosis at L1-2
                              Anterior/Posterior Correction, T8 to Sacrum, Sept 20th, 2007
                              Osteotomy March 20,2008
                              Thrilled with results!

Comment

Working...
                              X