What I wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I wear

I have some tips. I wear loose clothing. not nessecarily sweats. I wear sweaters with hoods to hide my shoulder. I also wear vests. No tight clothes for me, except jeans.
    I'm 19 years old, had surgery 5 years ago
    3 curves Middle curve - 65 fused to 13 Bottom curve 35- fixed on it's own to 16!
    Fused from C7 to L1

Yes! Loose clothes are the answer! I mostly wear kind of loose shirts, and sometimes i rather have a little jacket over me to hide some parts of the brace... I get really upset sometimes when i see everybody wearing all those abercrombie tight shirts and tank tops, but i try to realize *this is not forever*.. With my kind of brace though, i can wear whatever pants i want to, but i find tights/ leggings the most comfortable...
    My name is Rotem
    I am 13 and in 7th grade
    Started with 2 curves:
    34º Therotical
    50º Lumber
    I currently wear a Cheneau Brace
    Got my 1st on Nov. '06
    Got my 2nd on Nov. '07
    Just got my 3rd one today (May7 '08)
    and im still trying to get used to it
    Hoping I won't need surgery
    I live in South Florida
    3rd check on November 17,2007,
    Got an X-ray done Feb. 5th, with EXCELLENT news!
    30º Theoratical
    37º Lumber
    4th check on May 7, 2008

Comment

Agreed. I really love tight clothing, but I get chalky marks on my shirts, and also a ton of holes (especially Hollister, American Eagle, Aeropostale and Abercrombie shirts). I just stick to hoodies for now, and I only have a bit more to go, so I tough it out and then eventually things are going to get better.
      braceyourself.

Comment

same here...
        but yeahh
        My name is Rotem
        I am 13 and in 7th grade
        Started with 2 curves:
        34º Therotical
        50º Lumber
        I currently wear a Cheneau Brace
        Got my 1st on Nov. '06
        Got my 2nd on Nov. '07
        Just got my 3rd one today (May7 '08)
        and im still trying to get used to it
        Hoping I won't need surgery
        I live in South Florida
        3rd check on November 17,2007,
        Got an X-ray done Feb. 5th, with EXCELLENT news!
        30º Theoratical
        37º Lumber
        4th check on May 7, 2008

Comment

Cheneau brace wearers unite!

wow, ive never heard of anyone besides myself who wears the cheneau brace! cool!

anyways, if anyones noticing, the 70's is making a comeback..therefore, i like to wear an empire-wasted loose-flowy top with leggings underneath. it totally masks the brace. plus, a hint for white spots: go out and buy tons of cheap camis to wear over your brace. just make it second nature to have something between your brace and the clothes u don't want to get the white marks on. i have exaactly 188 more brace-wearing days, so im trying to spread the wisdom! xxoo hang in there xxoo

*Rebecca
          Hey, so I'm Rebecca, I'm 20 and I wore a Boston Brace for one year, and then a Cheneau brace for 5+ years. The Cheneau changed my life. I now am out of brace full time!!!! Its amazing. For all my scoli-girls (and guys of course) hang in there - the day you get your brace off is the best feeling ever. All the years of wearing it won't matter when that day comes. amo vobis!

"DUX FEMINA FACTI (The leader of the deed was a WOMAN!)"
          -Virgel

Comment

that's a good idea, the whole leggings thing. i like that, it sounds cute.
            braceyourself.

Comment

Originally posted by bracegirl
              . i have exaactly 188 more brace-wearing days, so im trying to spread the wisdom!

xxoo hang in there xxoo

*Rebecca
              whoa rebecca, i've been absentmindedly click ing the link week by week and it's looking really great right now I hope you get your brace off, your so lucky!! I have like...ummm 270 at least...but its prbly more like 310 either way wish you well!
              Danielle
              14 Freshwoman
              December 1st got no head the boston brace
              Pre Brace Curves:18C 25T 30L
              In brace curves: (1/23/08) 16C 20T 22L
              In brace Curves: (5/21/08) 19C 19T 15L
              We're Bringing CURVY BACK

Comment

i have exactly 39 brace-wearing days left. when i'm done with that, i plan to take a large shopping spree - i'm saving my allowance so that i can finally wear clothes that actually fit me again! :] i'm excited for both of you, so good luck with your situations!
                braceyourself.

Comment

Leggings with Cheneau brace

Hi, my daughter is just starting in the Cheneau brace--she is young but needs advice. How do you wear the leggings--over or under? If under, how do you get them back under after using the bathroom? Do you have to undo the brace? Thanks, Chris
                  mamandcrm

G diagnosed 6/08 at almost 7 with 25*
                  Providence night brace, increased to 35*
                  Rigo-Cheneau brace full-time 12/08-4/10
                  14* at 10/09 OOB x-ray
                  11* at 4/10 OOB x-ray
                  Wearing R-C part-time since 4/10
                  latest OOB xray 5/14 13*
                  currently going on 13 yrs old

I no longer participate in this forum though I will update signature from time to time with status

Comment

Clothing

Hi,

My daughter wears the Cheneau brace, and we basically went out and bought all new clothing. All I can say, is thank god hoodies are popular-they cover up the back of the brace. She is now 13, and wears tight jeans or leggings (under the brace-need a thin waistband with no extra 'stuff'), a thin cotton tank top under the brace (we bought a Boston Brace tank, but it made her itch like crazy and break out in bumps, so she wears regular tank tops), a thin but not over sized tee, and a thin and rather fitted hoodie (American Eagle has thin hoodies, although I do not how small your daughter is-they might be to big). It has worked quite well. I buy her tees and hoodies one size up to accommodate the brace. She has to take the brace off to use the bathroom.

I also bought a brace bag. She takes her brace off for PE class, school dances, and going through airport security (I do not know if she will buzz, but she is too embarrassed to find out). American Eagle had a beach bag this summer that fit the brace perfectly, is light weight, sturdy and nice looking!

The summer is much harder, as the brace turns into an oven. Air conditioning is must, especially at night. She replaces her hoodie with a hoodie vest, which is somewhat too hot, but covers up the back.

I hope this helps!

brooke

Comment

Working...
                    X