Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regression of Curve

Hi Abbysmom,
    Thanks for inquiring. The pediatric ortho surgeon wanted to see Emma in 1 year following her last appt (and the X-rays that showed her lessening curve). So that's our plan. I have stopped worrying about it. Initially, I think you are so frantic and reading so much, that it can be overwhelming. But ultimately I know that God is in control and whatever storms come, He will be with my family. I wish you and your family the best!
    Sally

Comment

a new update

Hi all- Just wanted to give an update. Abby had her first appt. with a new ortho closer to home yesterday (we decided not to visit the hospital since she will not be requiring xrays). After a visual check, the doc says she is still scoliosis-free! She will have another xray when she starts the dreaded adolescent growth spurt, but will only go back for visual checks every six months until then. Also, I wanted to mention that the doctor told her interns that Abby was "one of those kids who just outgrow it". She was also of the opinion that Abby's curve may not have been "real". I do not agree with her, having watched its' steady progression. She maintains that even experienced technicians can only do so much to keep young children still during an xray. She actually said to me "we'll know if the curve was real if it starts to progress during puberty". Thanks for some more sleepless nights. I'll update again in July after Abby's next appt.

Comment

Good news

That's wonderful news!!!

Comment

That's great news, Abbysmom. Enjoy it! You, too Cakebaker, I saw your post in the children's section
          mamandcrm

G diagnosed 6/08 at almost 7 with 25*
          Providence night brace, increased to 35*
          Rigo-Cheneau brace full-time 12/08-4/10
          14* at 10/09 OOB x-ray
          11* at 4/10 OOB x-ray
          Wearing R-C part-time since 4/10
          latest OOB xray 5/14 13*
          currently going on 13 yrs old

I no longer participate in this forum though I will update signature from time to time with status

Comment

More great news!

Whooooo hooooo - so happy for you!
            mariaf305@yahoo.com
            Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
            Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

That is wonderful news!!

You are so right!

God is so in control of our lives if only we let him be

Melissa

Comment

Glad to hear more good news! Thanks for keeping us updated-with your scoli free life, it would be easy to forget about us yet it's so important for us to hear about all different types of developments where these curves are concerned. so thanks - i love hearing good news!
                daughter, 12, diagnosed 8/07 with 19T/13L
                -Braced in spinecor 10/07 - 8/12 with excellent in brace correction and stable/slightly decreased out of brace curves.
                -Introduced Providence brace as adjunct at night in 11/2011 in anticipation of growth spurt. Curves still stable.
                -Currently in Boston Brace. Growth spurt is here and curves (and rotation) have increased to 23T/17L

Comment

quick update before the new appt.

Hi all- just wanted to update that Abby is now 10 and seems to have entered the dreaded growth spurt. She looks the same to me, but is now symptomatic with upper back pain. We go to the doc Monday, 2/14 and I will update then...I am definitely losing sleep again. Wish us luck.

Comment

Good Luck

I hope Abby's recheck goes well for you! Hard not worry, I know. Pain is not often associated with scoliosis, particularly with young patients with small or moderate curves, so try not to convince yourself that it means something bad for her curve!
                    mamandcrm

G diagnosed 6/08 at almost 7 with 25*
                    Providence night brace, increased to 35*
                    Rigo-Cheneau brace full-time 12/08-4/10
                    14* at 10/09 OOB x-ray
                    11* at 4/10 OOB x-ray
                    Wearing R-C part-time since 4/10
                    latest OOB xray 5/14 13*
                    currently going on 13 yrs old

I no longer participate in this forum though I will update signature from time to time with status

Comment

Working...
                    X