Almost Done!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost Done!!!

Hey everyone, I am going to be done wearing my brace (during the day) at the beginning of June!!! I am so excited. When I stop wearing it, I will be a completely different clothing size. I was wondering if there is anyone who has finished wearing theirs. If you have, what did you do to get new clothes?? I dont know what im gonna do cuz we're gonna have to buy me a whole new closetful and that is probably not within in our budget. For any that respond, thank you so much, and for you who are still in your tlso (or other) braces and feel like you are waiting forever, i was one of you once. remember that it isnt forever, and if you stick with it, you'll be rewarded (by being done with it).
    Thanks!!!
    Kira
    I am 14

I love knitting, reading, dancing, singing, acting, etc.

I have a boston brace

My curves are 18 and about 9 in my brace

Originally my curves were about 15 and 30

I wear my brace 18-20 hours a day

CONGRATULATIONS! i cant wait for that time when i get it off!! ( i think around nov 2008!!!) but unfortunatly i will still need to wear it at night- but nights are no big deal! RIGHT?! o_O
    My name is Rotem
    I am 13 and in 7th grade
    Started with 2 curves:
    34º Therotical
    50º Lumber
    I currently wear a Cheneau Brace
    Got my 1st on Nov. '06
    Got my 2nd on Nov. '07
    Just got my 3rd one today (May7 '08)
    and im still trying to get used to it
    Hoping I won't need surgery
    I live in South Florida
    3rd check on November 17,2007,
    Got an X-ray done Feb. 5th, with EXCELLENT news!
    30º Theoratical
    37º Lumber
    4th check on May 7, 2008

Comment

Congratulations!

Congratulations! It is nice to hear good news! Yes, you may need new clothes. Have fun shopping. Keep in touch and offer advice others. Thanks.

Comment

That's awesome! Great job (I mean, by wearing it like you should :]
        Enjoy your years out! :]
        braceyourself.

Comment

My 15yo is hoping to get her brace off next week. She hasn't grown at all in the past year. The orthopedist is going to check to see if her growth plates have closed on Wednesday. If they have, she'll be able to go all day without the brace and only wear it at night.

The appointment was actually for Wednesday this week, but her doctor ended up in surgery all day, so we were rescheduled for next week.

She has a lot invested in getting the brace off at this appointment, so I'm really hoping it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by AngieW
            The orthopedist is going to check to see if her growth plates have closed on Wednesday. If they have, she'll be able to go all day without the brace and only wear it at night.
            That's great! Exactly like my situation, and I'll be done in May. Best wishes to you and your daughter.
            braceyourself.

Comment

133 days and counting

I have 133 days left (but hey, who's counting..not me )and I know that I go down two sizes in pants when I am out of the brace.
              Hey, so I'm Rebecca, I'm 20 and I wore a Boston Brace for one year, and then a Cheneau brace for 5+ years. The Cheneau changed my life. I now am out of brace full time!!!! Its amazing. For all my scoli-girls (and guys of course) hang in there - the day you get your brace off is the best feeling ever. All the years of wearing it won't matter when that day comes. amo vobis!

"DUX FEMINA FACTI (The leader of the deed was a WOMAN!)"
              -Virgel

Comment

congrats!

congrats! i'm jealous now! (LOL) believe me, i certainly DO stick 2 wearin my brace cause i want 2 get it off already! pardon my language, but it SUCKS!!!
                Valerie

Hi, my name is Valerie, but you can call me Val or V.
                I wore a Boston Brace from 2007-2010
                My curves were 30 and 31
                I now have only a single curve which stands at 35 degrees.
                I owe all of my blessings to The Lord!
                I am very thankful with where my spine is at right now.
                I want to meet some new people on this forum!
                Don't be shy...
                Feel free to message me if you would like to chat!

Comment

23 days left here (after 23 days, i'll only be sleeping in it)
                  braceyourself.

Comment

thx

Thanks to everyone who replied!!! I have been really busy with school so I haven't been able to check this for a long time but I am now looking at it. I forgot to include that after june 5th i still will be wearing it at night, but to me that doesnt even matter. to spine chicka and AngieW's daughter: congratulations! you're free! how does it feel? To bracegirl, ~ScoliosisGirl~, and sparklegirl59: hang in there! It's great that you're wearing your braces like you should and if you continue in that way, you will soon be out! I know that right now it may feel like forever until you get out, but soon enough you will be about to get out. Thank you for everyone, and if anyone has questions about my experiences or how i have handled my brace, feel free to send me a message anytime.
                    Kira
                    I am 14

I love knitting, reading, dancing, singing, acting, etc.

I have a boston brace

My curves are 18 and about 9 in my brace

Originally my curves were about 15 and 30

I wear my brace 18-20 hours a day

Comment

Working...
                    X