I would like to hear from you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to hear from you

I would like to hear from you concerning your x-rays. Does your ortho require you to remove your brace for a certain amount of time prior to your x-rays?

Thank you,
    Mom of 13 year old son with scoliosis

Hello,

I am getting my brace on the 28th of June and I have received instructions of:

check up with xrays in the brace one month after getting it.

check up with xrays every other appt. and I will take it off the night before and go in and get xrays.

Hope this helps,

Ellie
    Minnesota Brace
    Curves: 27T/32L
    ~ ~

Comment

For me, I had an x-ray at every appointment with my orthopedist, with my brace on (I wore it 23 hrs/day).
      When I began taking it off more and more to finally be finished with it, then my doctor would have me take it off for x hours beforehand and if the x-ray was good, I could leave it off for x hours a day from then on, etc with more hours off before for the next appointment.

AZ

Comment

Thank you so much for responding to me. My son's doctor x-rays him with his brace off; however, I took him for a second opinion sometime back and that doctor x-rays with the brace on. He also stated that he would like for him to come back in three months with him brace off 24 hours prior to his appointment. I just wondered what other doctors required.

Thank you,
        Mom of 13 year old son with scoliosis

Comment

My daughter's doctor x-rays her in the brace. I asked her to x-ray her without the brace and she basically said no. She said we will x-ray out of the brace at the next appointment, but she didn't give us any instructions like some of you have received.

Mary Lou

Comment

I was always x-rayed without my brace, but there was no amount of time that it had to be off for before hand.
            Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
            L2 to T4
            Braced for 4 years
            Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

At the shriners' hospital in st. louis, i have been xrayed with my brace on and I believe I have also had it off.
              ~~Rebecca, 15 years old, 10th grade~~
              I was braced for 2 years and 4 months
              I went through 3 Boston Braces
              Original curve~34*
              Curve in 1st Brace~9*
              Curve in 2nd Brace~14*
              Curve in 3rd Brace~27*
              Curve after bracing~34*

Comment

Working...
              X