Is this pain normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this pain normal?

I had my correction Sept 20th and my ribs are still so sore on the opposite side that I had the anterior correction on. If I take a deep breath in...it hurts, if I do to much in a day it hurts and feels like broken ribs. Anyone else experience this. It is much better than just after the surgery but still after all this time I thought it should be better.
    Thanks
    CarolS
    68 degree right lumbar scoliosis, mild kyphosis at L1-2
    Anterior/Posterior Correction, T8 to Sacrum, Sept 20th, 2007
    Osteotomy March 20,2008
    Thrilled with results!

My rib pain lasted a long time-many months. There are nerves which pass by each rib and they get shifted with the correction. Ice bags helped me.
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

I had that same problem. I'm now around 7 months post op and i did get rib pain on the opposite side if where they did take one from, you feel like its all getting better then you get pain where you wouldn't think of. I will tell you though it really does get better im pretty much feeling back to normal im full time at work and i never regret having this surgery.

Hang in there !!
      Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

Comment

Me too!

Comment

Working...
        X